6. Evergreen's Method

"I can't believe those wackos threw our guys out the window. I hope they're still alive..." One of the men said. Both of them were dressed the same way as the men who attacked Evergreen were: white robes, and mysteriously covered faces.

Elfman and Evergreen watched them from the corner. When the door had opened, it covered them enough so they weren't obvious.

But if either of the men closed the door, they would find two Fairy Tail mages in the corner.

Luckily, the men seemed to be preoccupied.

"So we have to take them alive?" The other man asked the first one.

"Yeah. Boss's orders. But that might not be that easy..." he said, laughing hesitantly. "They sure didn't hesitate to brawl with the other guys."

"Wait, what is this?" The other guy asked, stooping down and picking something up. Evergreen pursed her lips. It was the bag of ice she had dropped when they hid.

"Huh? Ice? What's that doing on the ground?" The guy asked.

Evergreen looked up at Elfman and said, "Now."

The two of them sprung out from behind the door, shocking the two men.

"Where in hell did they come from?!" One of them yelled, nearly jumping a foot in the air.

"If you value your lives, you'll tell us who you work for and why you are attacking us," Evergreen said, poised, but ready to pounce.

"We're attacking you? It's more like the other way around!" The guy said, throwing his hands up in defense.

"That doesn't matter! Fight us like real MEN!" Elfman said, using his take-over.

"Should we fight them??" One of the men asks, looking frightened. Before the other one had responded, Evergreen lowered her glasses and turned him to stone.

Elfman grabbed the other guy, who yelped. These guys didn't seem to be as well trained at fighting as the men who had attacked Evergreen previously.

"Tell us who you are and what you're doing here!" Elfman roared, into the guy's face.

But the poor guy just passed out from fear.

Evergreen shook her head, an annoyed look on her face.

"That's not how you interrogate someone!" She yelled, smacking Elfman over the head.

Elfman transformed back into his human form, grumbling.

"If he was a real man, we wouldn't be having this problem," Elfman said, defensively.

"Whatever!" Evergreen said. "Put him over there. We'll question the other guy. You hold him so he doesn't escape when I turn him back. And DON'T SAY ANYTHING." She warned. Elfman heeded her instructions, knowing that she wouldn't settle for anything less.

Evergreen turned to the man she turned to stone. She released him from the stone, and Elfman immediately grabbed him. This time, Evergreen did the talking.

"Now. Be a good boy and tell me who you are," Evergreen said, her voice sweet and somehow still dripping with venom. Elfman shuddered. He wouldn't want to be on the other side of that conversation.

"N-no! I can't tell you anything... Boss's orders!" He said, quivering. He tried to struggle out of Elfman's hold, but he wasn't strong enough. He fell to his knees.

"Let me repeat that. You will tell us, or you'll spend the rest of your life as a stone statue. Do you understand?" Evergreen said, staring him down. Her glance was lethal, even without her stone eyes.

The man finally gave up. "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you, just spare me please..."

"That's what I thought..." Evergreen said, giving Elfman a triumphant glance. "See? That's how it's done."

________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! I won't be able to post chapters as often any more, but hopefully I'll get one or two up per week :)

Leave a comment if you have any feedback! (and votes are awesome too 😁)