C H A P T E R 6 ▼

Trin POV

The room suddenly got quiet. I decided to break the silence.

"So are you going to go with him?" I asked with attitude noticeable in my voice.

"Um, yeah, if it's not a problem with you.... " she asked hoping for my approval.

I genuinely loved my best friend but it was killing me not to tell her no don't go with him.

"Why would you want to go with him anyway?" I asked before sitting on the couch , Lani was close behind.

"Well...he's sweet, helps me in physics, stood up for me when K.J tried to force me to like him, and he's a really understanding person..."

Hearing her explain Dre made me feel like crap. I thought he was all that before he exposed me. But now? he dead to me. But oh well. She gotta find out for herself. I mentally smirked knowing the pain she was about to go through. Call me low down but I did try to warn her!

"Well if your happy, I'm happy" I gave a genuine smile

She ran to me super fast with a kool aid smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you, thank you, THANKKK YOUU!" She yelled jumping up and down in my arms.

"Haha. Your welcome Lani"

The next day I woke up feeling extra energetic.

"Lani wake up!!!" I yelled pulling her out the bed , making her fall on the floor.

"What?" She asked grouchily.

"Get up stupid! we have to go to the mall! I decided to go to Kamora's party today!"

Lani hopped up quickly with a lazy smile on her face

"THE Kamora?" she asked half sleep.

I nodded.

Kamora Roberts was known for her wild and outrageous parties! One time they got so wild , the feds had to come escort all her guests out and search the place for signs of illegal drugs.

"Well you don't have to tell me twice. Lets go!" Lani said running to the bathroom to do her hygiene.

I ran to her closet to find some clothes. I chose a Nike Crop top, High waisted shorts, and Lani's custom Roshe Runs. I stuck my hair in a messy bun. Why get fancy for the mall?

"Lani hurry up! I have to brush my teeth!"

She opened the door and walked towards her closet.

"You sure do cause when you first wake up yo breath be smellin like cow balls" She made a stank face.

I looked at her in shock. My breath don't be that bad.

"Well Atleast my boobs don't sit up on my chin!" I laughed at my own joke.

"Grow some boobs" she yelled from the closet.

I went in the bathroom and began brushing my teeth and washing my face. I couldn't help but notice that my boobs did look smaller in this shirt. Oh well!

When I walked out Lani was throwing stuff every where.

"Have you seen my custom Roshe Runs?" She asked from the closet going through all her shoe boxes.

"Yeaa." i said smiling before she noticed I had them on.

"No ma'am,ham,turkey,or gravy! Take.Them. Off!" She said yelling turning red.

I noticed she was serious.

"Chill shawty , they just shoes" I said slipping them off and putting on MY red converse.

"No. They're MY shoes. My daddy gave em to me before he... " she slowed down.

I never really heard the story of her father. She doesn't talk about him.

"Lets go" she said putting the shoes on and walking out the room.

I grabbed my purse and followed her.

Once we got to the mall, we walked in atleast all the stores 4 times before Lani FINALLY found the "perfect outfit"

"Can we go now?" I asked ,almost begging.

"Whyyyyyyyy?"

"Because the party starts at 9 and its 6:30. C'mon Lani, we been here all day!"

"We got here at 2:00 , that doesn't count as all day" she said walking out the mall and towards the back street. It was a couple blocks from her house.

It took us about 45 minutes to get back to her house.

"Ugh. We should have to the bus!" I said

"You complain too much! I loved the exercise! " she said happily.

It was about 7:30 now and we were starving. I made a sandwich and Lani put a hotpocket in the microwave.

When we were done eating it was about 8:15.

Lani was taking her time in the shower and it was starting to tick me off

"HURRY UP. YOU NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT NEEDA SHOWER"

"OKAY DON'T GET YO PANTIES IN A TWIST" She yelled back before i heard the water cut off.

When she walked out, I walked in.

I rolled my eyes once I closed the door.

Now I have to take a little short shower because it's like 8:45.

When I got out it was 8:56.

Ugh. Oh well. Now we gotta be late.

I walked out and lotioned up. Lani was doing her hair. I put on my black dress, tied my plaid long sleeve shirt around my waist, put on my nike socks, My timberland boots, my black beanie, and gold accessories ! I looked TOO fye!

I left my hair in its wild curly state and looked in the mirror. Boyy I look too good. Hehe!

"you look amazing!" Lani gawked at my outfit.

I smirked and said thank you.

"You do too. Love sweater!" I complimented her outfit.

She had on a Oversized CoCo Chanel Crewneck, leather black shorts, her Gamma Blue 12's , a "rich girl" beanie, and gold accessories. She flat ironed her hair, which made it longer. She was gorgeous. I hate to admit it but a part of me was hating right now.

Welp, party here we come!