Fifth Contact

FROM: Bertrand Ross
TO: Sylvio C, Starfluence & Co.

Sylvio,

Been meaning to get in touch to say thanks for your team's quick work on speech. Top-notch.

Have a new project -- hoping we might work together? Discretion a must.

Meet for a drink to talk details?

BR

---

When Sylvio agrees to meet -- as of course, he will -- Berry will lay out a proposition. The details of it will be kept loose for good reason. He will explain to Sylvio that he needs to receive an invoice from Starfluence for a particular amount of money; that he needs it to look like it is for work on their Atrabax account, but that he does not require any actual work to be done. He will explain, tentatively, that the "project" in this case is simply to create the invoice.

In exchange for this "job," Berry offers to let Sylvio keep 10% for himself.

As Sylvio is a shrewd salesman and no fool, he will correctly surmise that Berry is morally compromised and in no position to counter. He deftly negotiates a larger cut for himself.

With a promise of 20%, Sylvio will agree to Berry's proposition because... well, because he's a salesman with a shiny suit and a wife who wants to go to Jamaica this year. That and, of course, because he may or may not be the Devil as portrayed by the Caramilk commercials.

It's as straightforward as that, really.