Chapter 13

Guys I am so close to 1k reads!!!

Song: Not About Angels by Birdy

Brenda POV

Last night was perfect. Just perfect. I woke up early to get Thomas some food but ended up just staring at him while he slept. Every once and awhile I would push his hair behind his ears. He looks so cute when he sleeps, every breath he takes seems to get softer. I lay like this for awhile, but I could lay her for hours,  but he wakes up.

"Morning sunshine" he says while fluttering his eyes open. "Morning" I reply while blushing. He sits up and he leans in and kisses me. I kiss back while smiling. We pull away and we both smile at each other. I stand up and get dressed throwing on a tank top and some baggy jeans. I head out of the tent as Thomas follows pulling his shirt on. I head to the kitchen where I see frypan asleep.

I nudge his shoulder. Nothing. "Frypan! Get yo butt up!" I yell. He still is out cold. So I nudge him, only to find he is ice cold. I quickly do the only thing I can think of, I check his pulse. Nothing. He is dead. Frypan is dead. I gasp and turn and bury my head in Thomas's shoulders. He is in shock too but he just comforts me.
Frypan. The guy who was so afraid but fought for all of us. He fed us all. He was like a brother to all of us. And he is gone. Me and Thomas were so busy with each other, maybe we could have helped. I felt complete joy when I was with Thomas, and now I only can feel one thing, guilt.

THOMAS POV

Frypan. Why him? He never did anything to anyone. He was so kind, strong, and mostly caring. He was a big brother to me. He fed all of us with no complaints. He was not a cook; he was a friend, a brother.

I feel sick inside, I hold Brenda close but know I have to find Minho and the others. We have to have a funeral and figure out what killed him.

I look around and find a piece of paper in Frypan's hand. I seperate from Brenda and crouch down to pick up the paper. On the front it says...
To Thomas, if not delivered to him, destroy this letter.

I continue reading and open the letter...
Thomas, leave. Run away as far as you can with Brenda. Just Brenda. Leave at dawn run as far from here as possible. Tell no one. We did NOT escape Thomas. We escaped WICKED headquarters but not WICKED. If anything is to happen to me know they did it. You are NOT SAFE.
-Frypan

we didn't escape? WICKED was never destroyed? I guess everything I know is a lot LIE. EVERYTHING.