《chapter 10》

"I fell asleep late last night, crying like a newborn child, holding myself close, pretending my arms are yours, I want no one but you. I get so lonely, can't let just anybody hold me, you are the one that lives in me, my dear, want no one but you..."  I Get Lonely- Janet Jackson

"You got everything you need?" Jaime asked, glancing at Bruno from across the hospital room. Bruno nodded slowly as he finished buttoning up his shirt, his hospital robe sitting on the bed beside him. 

"I didn't really bring anything." Bruno mumbled as he weakly stood up. 

"I guess you're right," Jaime said, quietly watching her brother. She hated seeing him like this. He was a bit paler than usual, and a bit thinner than usual too. The doctors kept him in the hospital for an extra 4 days, getting him to eat and to rest while watching him closely to see if he was going to go unconscious again. It was discovered that he had an iron deficiency, and that was he very close to becoming anemic. Luckily, they found out just in time and had him on some iron medicine.

"Alright, you ready to go home?" Jaime asked Bruno.

Bruno scoffed. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm ready to go 'home'." He rolled his eyes when he said 'home.'

Jaime sighed, raising an eyebrow at her brother. "Bruno—"

"Never mind, it's fine. Let's just go." He looks around the hospital room with a look of slight disgust. "I hate it here."

Jaime nods at him and waits for him to walk past her so they could walk down the hallway together.

"It's lunch time right now, what do you feel like eating—" 

"I'm not hungry." Bruno said, cutting her off rudely. Jaime let's out another sigh.

"Bruno, you gotta eat. You wanna end up in here again?"

He doesn't respond, he just rolls his eyes as they walk through the automatic doors, and out the hospital. Jaime leads the way, and soon, they're seated in her car, zooming down the street in awkward silence.

"I'm getting you a burrito." Jaime said, turning in the driveway of Chipotle. 

"But I'm not-"

"I don't care. You're eating." She cuts him off sternly.

"Jaime." He whines. "I'm not hungry."

"So, you want to get an eating disorder or something? You want to end up back in that hospital?"

"Jaime, I have to live with you, away from my kids, for the next 2 months. What more do you want from me?"

"I want you to eat whatever the hell I give you."

"But—"

"And's that final." She said.

Bruno lets out an annoyed sigh and looks out the window, trying to avoid any contact with his sister. He knew he was being childish, but he didn't care. He thought he had the reason to be childish. After all, he spent 4 days cooped up in a hospital room. All he wanted was to go home and see his kids. Was that too much to ask for?