《reminiscence》pt.4

A.N: Wrote half of this chapter while listening to Ivy by Frank Ocean. The feeling I had was immaculate. 

May 2007

May 2007

Scarborough, Toronto Ontario, Canada 

"That nigga didn't get no damn honors, he sucked the principle off."- abel tesfaye

"Well, hello hello." Genesis heard as she rounded the corner of the street. She smiled as she saw Abel sitting on his front steps, just like he did every day. 

"Hey." She said, dapping him up as he stood. "How's your day going?"

"Well, you know. It's... going." He shrugged. "Shall we walk?"

She nods and they walk together down the sidewalk. 

This was their daily routine. She'd get off the bus and walk the rest of the way with Abel. It was cold, and she had the choice to sit in a nice warm bus that stopped right in front of her apartment, but Genesis enjoyed Abel's company. It was weird, and she knew it. They were complete opposites.

"How was your day?" Abel asked, unzipping his jacket a little. It was spring now, and although there was still snow on the ground, it was getting a little warm.

"It was ok. You know, the usual. Track practice at 6am, then classes for the rest of the day."

Abel shakes his head. "Track practice at 6am. That ain't for me."

Genesis shrugs. "It's not that bad once you get used to it."

Abel gives her a look. "Waking up at 6am isn't that bad?"

"No, track practice starts at 6am. I have to be up a 5."

Abel wrinkles his nose. "That sounds pretty shit."

Genesis shrugs. "It's keeping a roof over my head." She kicked a pebble out the way as she walked. "Oh, and then I tutored this dude at lunch."

"Really? You getting paid?"

"Hell yeah I'm getting paid. Teaching people for free? No sir."

"You don't like the idea being a teacher?"

"I don't think I'll ever become a teacher. That shit sounds so stressful. And I can't stand kids."