《reminiscence- abel and genesis》pt.1

A.N
This isn't a chapter.
I decided to do a story within a story of the past, kinda like a series. That's why this called reminiscence. The normal story will continue in chapters. I hope you guys enjoy this, it's quite different from what I usually do and I've put a lot of thought and energy into this. Please tell me what you guys think about it. xo ❤

----------------------------------

"You know how they are, they be over working her cause she black." -abel tesfaye

Scarborough, Toronto Ontario, Canada
March 2007

20 year old Genesis hopped up the stairs that led to her apartment room, her body aching from soccer practice earlier that evening. She opened her bag and dug for her keys as she neared her apartment door. Then, with a tired sigh, pushed the key into the lock and opened the door.

She entered her somewhat neat apartment, kicked off her shoes and threw her handbag on the couch. With another tired sigh, she walked into her small bed room and opened her closet door. She was tempted to just jump into the bed and sleep, but she knew that her tight t-shirt and skinny jeans would make it uncomfortable to do. She quickly changed into some basketball shorts and a tank top.

"Tired as hell." She mumbled to herself and she practically jumped into her bed, then pulled her blanket over her. A groan escaped her when she remembered that she had track practice later that evening. She reached over to her night stand and turned her digital alarm clock so that it was facing her.

6:07 pm

"I got 2 hours." She mumbled as she closed her eyes.

‐‐-----------------------------------
17 year old Abel Tesfaye sat at the front steps of his home, his hands numb from the cold. He runs them together then pulls his toque lower so they cover his ears.

"Where is this fool at?" He mumbles. His butt began to grow numb from the cold steps and he sighed, annoyed. A cloud of fog escaped from his mouth.

Lamar suddenly rounds the corner, dressed in a heavy winter coat even though it was only November.

"Finally." Abel says, getting up and walking towards his best friend. "The hell took you so long?"

"Will you chill out? Ain't even that late." Lamar says. Abel walks along side him so that they are walking in the same direction. "My mom wouldn't let me leave the house without this big ass coat. Almost got my ass whooped. She on her shit, talkin' 'bout how disrespectful I am. She actin' like I'ma be the downfall of the family or something."

"Tough." Abel said quietly.

Lamar looks at him, noticing his friend's sad demeanor. "Your mom home?"

Abel shook his head and stuffed his hand in his pockets. "Nah, she working."

"How long?"

"All night."

Lamar sighs. "They can't give her a break?"

"I guess not. You know how they are, they be over working her cause she black."

"She can't find another job?"