35. One Damn Team

"And you fixed an appropriate venue for this match while speaking with Tyrell," Pruthvi concluded the detailed account of where I had disappeared to a day ago.

Leena gave me a quick glance when I nodded numbly in response. Then she white as chalk when Celina slipped on her feet getting an inch closer to the dagger, mud and snow sprinkling up in the air, and...she clutched it.

"Oh, boo-yah!" Pruthvi shrieked, thrilled as though watching an action movie.

Celina quickly secured the dagger underneath her belt.

Feeling optimistic, I stepped upfront watching her closely. Do it, do it now.

Tyrell kept flashing his bolts, now that the fight was becoming one-sided, he made absolutely sure not to fall into her traps. He tried to use dark magic, too bad none of the magic work against Celina.

She tackled head-on, made the move I was expecting her to rely on. The wind swished, and that helped her double the speed. Seeking a proper time, she created an invisible windy hand and hustled him towards her. Tyrell was panting, his strength seemed to have diminished. He was left with no choice but to succumb. He grunted, his bones must have ruptured, getting sandwiched in the tremendous Formation. Celina hurled him towards her, at once grabbing him by his collar, turned him around, and thrust him hard down onto the floor. With a fling, Celina sank down with him, wrapping her arms around Tyrell's neck, blocking him thoroughly in a chokehold. Tyrell wasn't giving up yet. He held her strong arms, exerted force back on her to strategize his way out.

"Oh god!" Leena exclaimed, jumping on her toes and having her fists tightly clasped against her mouth.

Celina reached for her belt. Pruthvi and I involuntarily took another step towards them, both of us shivering as though hanging down from a steep cliff. She took the dagger out, wielded proudly as an expert, the Pride of Haima-Endira twinkled brilliantly under the lights of the glorious sun.

She raised it dangerously up and drove it down in a go...

Leena screamed.

Tyrell grunted loudly. As a defense, he clasped Celina's wrist. The blunt edge of the dagger stopped right in front of his ribs. They stayed down resisting, their fight stretching to eternity.

Heart pounding...

Eyes unblinking...

Three of us standing still as a statue...

The battle between them seemed to have just begun. Continual pressure was being exerted over the dagger from both ends. Tyrell's stare fixed on the dagger, whereas Celina's ardent eyes laid sideways upon him. She then started to blink tremendously. Her concentration suddenly wavered and her grip around his neck slackened.

"She is weak against the power of the dagger," Leena said, her voice shaking, "It's not even her fault but she won't be able to do it."

"This is a golden opportunity, Hayden," Pruthvi said, perturbed, "Do we really want to let it go to waste?"

Celina has to do it! I visualized Nazira chanting the mantra over and over again. My mind raced. If I interrupted now, and by chance, Tyrell managed to get away, that would primarily botch up this golden opportunity. Tyrell was taller and physically strong, he was slowly pushing the dagger back. Celina's shaken confidence might completely be thrashed if he got away now.

What do I do? What can I do?

Celina shouldn't be the one with faltered concentration, it should be Tyrell, right? With an idea flaring, I kicked my heels and swiftly ran towards them. A ball of fire erupted out of my palms, red and fiery, and as per my direction, the flames zapped up from over Tyrell's face creating enough heat to distract him.