37.3 The Personal Vendetta

"What?" I choked, and then deliberately searched for the weapon. It was a mace that symbolized Pizaca's clan.

"They...they are interfering in our business. Hayden," she said, her voice close to crying, "the fire you started spread horribly. And thanks to Celina's strength combined with yours, the whole territory is melting. And it's also raining. Pruthvi suspects if the water from the Strait is rising up as well. All these clans are fighting among themselves. It's a total disaster."

"Where's Pruthvi? And Celina?" I asked, my skin was soaked but my insides were on fire. The job wasn't supposed to end this way. Panchayat might get a chance to vote against me.

"Pruthvi is doing his best to stop water from flooding and trying to separate the clans from one another," she replied. "Celina...I don't know. I didn't see since these clans got involved. We got separated when the territory flooded."

"We should go," Tyrell suggested, his voice thick and unsteady reminding me of Rahu. "Let's go!"

Hardik was the only one to be absolutely safe. It flew obediently, along with our speed as we rushed out. The rain was sheeting down out of the heavily clouded sky. Soon the sound of thunder rolled in. There were large chunks of snow in the form of burgs floating over the water. Those were our only scope to keep running. We began hopping from one over the other while Leena dealt with the crashing waves.

Something burst up from the surface of the water, creating giant ripples. It leaped up in the air and immediately took a deep dive down. I stopped abruptly and took a moment to look at the absolute madness we had started. The Pizacas were swishing their heavy maces and crushing the beasts with a single blow. They were yelling and howling. The thousand-year-old anguish was being released by the oppressed clan. I looked around jogging along with Tyrell who kept turning his head around. He was probably searching for Celina. Trying mind connection in this mess of war was out of the question. Leena had suddenly disappeared in a multitude of beings crammed up in the territory.

Crack!

We entered the area where the throng of bodies had been burnt, fire lit off and smoke venting up. The snow beneath my feet gave a threatening crack. I looked down and my heart pounded into my throat. The merpeople were swimming swiftly underwater and riding over the waves. They suddenly bolted up with rage, holding a couple of beasts tight in their grip and dived down creating a tremendous splash ripping the beasts apart into pieces.

"There she is," Tyrell said, looking pointedly ahead "Celina, over here!"

A gust of wind blew past us as we got nearer. She was completely drenched as well and seemed confused. Watching us approach, her features relaxed. The wind stopped blowing as she jumped and wrapped Tyrell in a tight hug.

"It's getting out of control!" she screamed, her voice lost in the loudness of the commotion, and then looked at me. "What do we do?"

"Where is Pruthvi?" I shouted.

"I...I don't know. He is lost."

Without hesitation, I stepped back up and lifted my arms straight up. It was raining and freezing cold, yet only a faint concentration was required for it to work. Singh roared high up in the air, fire pouring skyward. I held my arms up and waited to check on Nazira if she had got anything to say, but she remained calm. It took several minutes, my arm began to shake. Tyrell and Celina glanced at each other and I hoped for the other two to receive the signal at once.

"Here!"

Pruthvi thrust a rock at the attacking beast. He and Leena, holding each other's hand, came running through the narrow way amidst the fighting clans. Letting my fire go, I panted bending down holding my knee.