40. Bad, aren't they?

The night wore on.

I slammed the glass down and asked Pruthvi to fill it up again with Uilani.

"Dude, I think that's enough for one night," he said, "You already chugged four bottles."

"Try good four and a half," Tyrell muttered.

Five of us gathered in Leena's bedroom of our apartment and partied late into the night. Sleep was far from our minds. I wasn't sure about my friends, but I deemed to be struck with insomnia. Now that I'd stepped up and accept the glorious responsibility of the entire dynasty, I doubted if I was ever going to sleep peacefully again.

Paramarashtra was infamous for passing rumors in nanoseconds. The news that there's no throne left to usurp must have already knocked on the doors of Shashi Thribhuvan's lair. Hadn't Shourya once mentioned that Shashi's been aggravated after Shaytan Rup's death? And Celina murdering Jyran Kerenza and his men in bulk would have angered him even more. The Pride was in my possession now, and I was aware that Shashi might use his so-called clan to attack me and my friends any second. I twitched and closed my eyes for a brief second. It wasn't even past midnight yet, and perhaps there were a few more minutes left before I rose back up and think about my next target. 

But before that...

The whimper of the infant made me look at the new parents. I smiled watching Viraj cradled in Leena's arm. Pruthvi got up and covered him with a blanket.

"Wow," said Tyrell, with a mocking tone, "How about taking up some diaper changing classes, daddy?"

"Shut it," Pruthvi chided, scratching his head as he sat beside Leena, "I'm already too nervous. Can't believe this tiny little brat will be the reason to change my life so much."

"You are not alone in this," said Celina. "Aren't we all going to raise the child together?"

"What do you mean we?" asked Tyrell.

"Five of us, moron," she said, "Anyway, I think we should call it a night. Tomorrow I have to report to King Agasthya first thing in the morning, so I better get going. Once again, Happy Birthday, Hayden. And Tyrell, let's go."

"Go where?" he asked, a little confused.

Celina blushed, discomforted by three pairs of eyes staring up at her. "Didn't we decide to...go for a walk in a park?"

It took a moment for Tyrell to ponder and understand her intention. "Oh, right," he said, standing up and taking her hand. "But too bad, we don't have room to go for a walk in the park."

Celina rolled his eyes and threw a fist at him.

"What?" Tyrell asked, rubbing his arm. "It's cool 'cause they don't know what we are talking about."

Pruthvi, Leena and I gave one another an awkward glance and sniggered.

"I think they figured, Tyrell," Celina remarked.

"Just go to my room," I said, words slurring out.

"Thanks," he mumbled, grabbing Celina's wrist and pulled her out. She waved a goodnight hand at us before they disappeared.

Leena had a cheeky grin on her face, looking adorable with her child in her arms. The Maiden of Paramarashtra had been mentally scarred than physically more than all of us combined. Pruthvi put a hand around her shoulder smiling down at his adopted son, and picture-perfect, they looked perfect as a family.

"I am so proud of you guys," I said, watching the kid nuzzle around at Leena's arm. "Just look at you!"

"Speaking of being proud," said Pruthvi, "When are we going to have that privilege?"