A Visitation

"I thought you would leave me alone!"

"Maybe, but it appears that my employers need you once more."

"I thought you agreed to leave me alone! Why are you back?!"

"Corporal Shephard, please do understand that I had many objections to this at first, but due to the situation at hand, they required you, and many others."

"What? Why? Why do you need all of these people, they're not even apart of the mission!"

"It is more of a matter that you have no standing in, Corporal. The... Foundation, per say, was the reason you are even here, but... there are some... pressing matters, to add. The reason all of this is happening, is because of the same reason I said to Dr. Freeman.

"F-F-Freeman!? He's alive?"

"Indeed. He is. We employed him after the failure at Black Mesa. I presume that you remember your mission there before?"

"We never even got our orders. All I remember is that we had to leave, and that is it."

"Well, we have much to talk about then."

Adrian was then teleported to the ruins of Black Mesa. The first thing they saw, was the lobby to Sector C.

"Doctor Freeman once walked this hall

"Doctor Freeman once walked this hall. It was 2000, and they began a experiment that would be their last. I had given them a crystal that would... in turn be too unstable, and cause what is known as a Resonance Cascade. It ripped a portal into the border world, Zen, which caused the immediate response of the HECU, but they would be unsuccessful in capturing Freeman. Then, Black Ops, Race-X, and... the eventual destruction of the Black Mesa Facility."

"Why did you bring me back here?"

" Well... you are the right man... in the wrong place, and you can make a difference, Corporal Shephard. That's why I must now... extract from you, some small... repayment for owed for your own survival..."

"What do you want then?"

"See Ross, Chara, Kitten, and the package safely to Site-19. Do not let it fall into the hands of a certain man, one who seeks it for the imminent destruction of this universe, per say, Corporal. I wish I could do more than keep an eye on you, but I have agreed to abide by certain... restrictions. I will see you up ahead Corporal.

Adrian was now back in the same timeline, just when Betty and Kitten were about to fight. Chara had been trying to wake Adrian up. Only Adrian could think that maybe... maybe that was all a hallucination, he didn't see or hear all of that.

"ADRIAN! Wake up! We need to leave."

"Huh!? Sorry... I... I... just saw something."

"I dont care what you saw, we need to go, now!"

Ross was next to Adrian, he only stood quietly above him. He then motioned to him to go, both Chara, Adrian and Ross booked it for the elevator, while Kitten tried to hold off Betty long enough to have the others escape.

"I will fucking slice you in half!"

Her demon-like face spooked Betty enough for Kitten to slice Betty's leg off

Her demon-like face spooked Betty enough for Kitten to slice Betty's leg off. Kitten then ran for the Gate A elevator, where the others were waiting for her. In her hand was a suitcase, with the vial inside.

"You're welcome, Adrian."

"Uh... thanks?"

Then, something grabbed Adrian's boot, it was Betty trying to latch on.

"Get off me!"

"You don't understand! I know I been shitty to you and all of your friends, but you shouldn't go up there. There is a man with a paintbrush that will be much worse, he's been looking for that vial! You must spare me, please!"

Adrian was speechless. She was hired to get it for someone. But who? So, picking Betty up, he carried her into the elevator. At that very same moment, the Alpha Warhead siren went off.

Adrian pressed the elevator button to get topside. They saw a Osprey loading up surviving personnel, and fleeing as fast as they could, they then boarded in with MTF Alpha-1.

"Get us to Site-01. Now!"