15

' Cyn is pregnant.'

Those words still rang in her head as if he had just told her now. The same emotions she felt that morning three nights ago when he came over unexpected and made love to her till the morning when she finally asked him what was wrong. Laying side by side on her bedroom floor he informed her. Her world immediately collapsed and she felt disgusted with herself and still did.

' Your fiancè told you she was expecting your child and the first thing you do is come over and fuck me senseless. What is wrong with you?'

' I was shocked and surprised. I did not and do not have plans for a child right now.'

' What about Angela?'

She recalled how dizzy she felt when she got up off the floor. Not sure if it was because of the shock of the news or the bomb dick. At that moment she did not want to be around him. Weak, she sat in her bed and he joined her and sat next to her.

' I love Angela and she does not need much like a new baby will need milk, nappies and clothes every three months. Then there's the constant clinic visits. Which knowing Cyn she'll deman I be present everytime. She'll demand high end clothes and everything the baby needs forgetting that she's not working.'

' Well you got her used to the lifestyle. What else do you expect her to do? Anyway she'll be done studying soon and she'll help.'

' She dropped out two years ago. She told my mom that so she wouldn't think she was after my money.'

Zinzi shook her head. How did she get herself in this mess. She looked for something to wear since her robe was somewhere on her steps.

' Why did you come here Marcus.'

' I needed to talk. I don't know. I got here and I just wanted you but honestly I wanted to say I am sorry but with her being pregnant. I have to stay with her for the sake of our unborn.'

For the second time that night her heart shattered. Her world ended. She wanted to scream and shout and beat on him but for what. It was not like she did not know she was messing with another woman's man. Even though once upon a time he was hers. So she held back her tears.

' I understand.'

' I'm really sorry.'

' It's okay Marcus. It's not the first time you've chosen someone else before me.'

Marcus opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by her opening her front door. He turned once he reached the door and tried to touch her but she swerved.

' Marcus don't. Please go.'

Ever since the night he left she could not stop crying. She would be fine for a few hours but then something would happen and trigger the waterworks. She managed to keep it together when with Angela but now that she sat on her toilet seat, she found it hard to stop. Luckily Angela was with her father and grandparents where she would be ushering in her new year while she would be with friends.

 Luckily Angela was with her father and grandparents where she would be ushering in her new year while she would be with friends