35

' Okay enough of that Marcus, we're going to be late for the doctor's appointment.'

Zinzi said to her boyfriend who lay on the bed practicing skin to skin with his twins. Their daughter lay on the other side on her stomach watching her brothers sleep. As much as she wished she could join them and spend the day just laying like this. They had to drop their daughter off at school then head to the doctor. It was their six week checkup.

' There's no hurry babe. The doctor ain't going nowhere.'

Although she did not like to make false promises, in this case she had to to get him to help with getting the boys ready.

' The sooner we get to doctor, the sooner we will get the results and the sooner we know if we can _ uhm_ bake.'

She said at the lack of a better word for sex. Marcus understood and he quickly sat up and began dressing one twin as she dressed the other with Angela helping them with what they needed.

' Marcus I don't see a ring on Zinzi's finger.'

' Chill man Siba. When the time is right you'll see a ring on her finger. Right now there's just too much going on in our lives.'

Siba, my obstetrician also happened to be Marcus's cousin. Though I had never mentioned that I wanted to be married to Marcus, I figured he knew how I felt. Afterall when we started dating years ago he would ask me if I wanted kids and marriage and I told him yes and would love nothing more than to be a housewife. I had imagined that after college I would be married with a house full of kids but I guess life had other plans.

' Your tear has healed well and by the looks of it all stitches are out Zee. It's safe to say you can have sex but be gentle Marcus.'

The smile that had dissapeared when he asked him about marriage returned but I could not reciprocate it. I still wanted to know if he had any plans of ever making me his wife. Though she had not thought about marriage since they reunited, she knew it was going to bother her from now on.

' So I guess we will be doing a lot of baking tonight.'

' That's what you've been smiling about since we left the doctor.'

' Yes. Not to sound like a prick but these past three months have been really hard. I mean really hard.'

' You're such a pervert.'

' That's why you love me.'

' Speaking about love. What is it that's happening that's preventing you from proposing?'

' You want to get married?'

' Yes have you forgotten what we used to talk about in college?'

' I thought you were done with me.'

' You know I said that put of anger and frustration. I understand that were not at the perfect place to get married with everything that we've been through but that doesn't mean I do not want to be engaged. Though I also refuse to be Lord of the ring.'

Marcus laughed and grabbed her hand with his free hand as he silently drove back.