19

' I thought I gave you a week off?'

He was surprised when he found her in the building elevator. She had been discharged three days ago and Matthew junior took her home because she did not want him to.

' There's work to be done sir.'

He noticed her avoid eye contact. Atleast she was not giving him one word answers like three days ago after she had kicked him out of her hospital room with no explanation. He had returned from getting them lunch and she just asked him to leave. No explanation whatsoever.

' You know I love you right?'

He stood infront of her and lifted her chin up to look at him, with his index finger.

' Go love your wife sir. '

She tried to move and averted her eyes but he pinned her into the corner of the elevator. She tried to push but he would not budge.

' Zinzi! What is your problem?! I thought everything was cool between us after we talked in your hospital room remember?'

' Marcus please just let go of me. Stop making promi-'

She was interrupted by the elevator stopping. He turned his head and confused employees looked at him and one attempted to get in.

'Get the next one! This one is occupied.'

' but sir-'

' Did I stutter?!'

The lady walked out confused and wondering who he was with. Marcus had unintentionally hidden her from the view of anyone coming in.

' You need to understand that I cannot just leave Cynthia in the state she's currently in. I'm waiting for her to give birth the-'

' Is that going to happen before or after you say your vows?!'

' Who told you about that?'

' You know what it doesn't matter Marcus because I'm done with you-'

' Zinzi you can never be done with me. Yeah I told her that after she gives birth we're getting married but I only said that to get her off my back. Zinzi I love you and only you. I know I'm not going about this the right way but you have to understand that I'm between a rock and a hard place. I want you, I really do but please be patient with me.'

' I can't do this with you Marcus. I refuse to let you toy with my love any longer. You and Cynthia can have each other.'

Marcus resisted when she tried to push him away again and pulled her in an embrace instead. She let him hold and kiss her as she cried. Motherhood had turned her into a highly emotional woman and she hated it. She wiped her tears and removed herself from him. The elevator had stopped and she was just now realising it.

' When did it stop?'

' I pressed the emergency button. Thought we could use some privacy.'

' You can start it up again. I'm good.'

' Not until you assure me, you believe me when I say I'm going to fix this.'

' Marcus you know I'm claustrophobic. Don't do this now please.'

' I'll start up as soon as you say you love me too and ...'

She had given up trying to push him away because he would not budge so she agreed.