40

' Come on guys. They'll be here any minute now.'

Millicent said rushing the guys helping her in the backyard which had beautiful gold, red and white balloons at almost every corner. Inbetween those balloons were red and white roses. The theme in the backyard was love and there was a floral balloon arch inside the door leading towards the backyard. Millicent checked the driveway before letting the guys out. Her husband came down with his niece and nephews dressed for the occasion.

' They're here. Let's go join the rest of the family in the backyard.'

They headed back into the backyard just as the couple entered the house. Everybody made sure to stay hidden faraway from the backyard exit. Their cars were also parked faraway from the driveway.

' Marcus are you sure we're supposed to just walk in. I mean isn't the agent supposed to be waiting for us outside.'

' Babe come on, how long are we to wait in the driveway. It's called an open house for a reason. Maybe they're in the backyard let's go check.'

Zinzi subconsciously grabbed his hand as they walked into the backyard, she thought nothing about the floral balloon decorations till their whole family screamed surprise from the end of the backyard. She was shocked and surprised as to why they were all here and screaming surprise at them. Till there was a tug on the hem of her dress. She turned to find Marcus on a bended knee with a ring in his hand and screamed.

' Zinzi Meredith Langa. Mother of my children. When we met eleven years ago I knew that one day you'd be my wife. You're the only woman that I've truly ever loved and I know at times it was hard for you to believe that and that's why we spent five years apart but it's true. I did a lot of stupid things but I am lucky that you forgave me and gave me a second chance and third chance to do this right. You're a wonderful woman and I will spend the rest of my days apologising for all the pain and heartache I've caused you. I promise to never ever put you through what I've put you through in the past. My focus in the future will be your happiness, mental and heart health. That's if you agree to marry me.'

This speech was different from what he had planned and longer than he had planned. He was nervous and it worsened as he waited on her reply.

' Did you really have to say my full government name though?'

' Zinzi just answer the poor man. His knee is probably killing him.'

Mama Langa shouted and has everyone laughing while Marcus gave a nervous smile.

' Yes.'

She held out to him and he shakingly slipped the ring on her finger as they crowd cheered and toasted to them. Zinzi helped him stand before kissing him. Angela ran up to them excited.

' Wait, so this is our house?'

' Yes babe. I bought it.'

' Oh Marcus. Thank you.'