32

' Babe are you up?'

Marcus knocked lightly on what used to be his bedroom door at his parents home. Since she had nowhere else to go with newborn children and a four year old, Zinzi moved into his parents home. Where there was more than enough room. He had spent two days, as advised by his father, doing his best to let her calm down and he felt he had given her enough time. He sighed but did not walk away and knocked once again after he tried to open the door but it was locked.

' Zee, baby please. We need to talk.'

After a few minutes of standing there, the door opened and an irritated and tired looking Zinzi stood on the other side if it.

' Can I come in?'

' No. It's half past two. Go fetch my daughter and maybe I'll be in the mood to talk to you after your return.'

Marcus did as told and returned an hour later with their daughter in his arms, asleep. He took him into her all blue and white bedroom. He heard her talking to the boys when he walked past the nursery towards her bedroom.

' Hey.'

' Wait in the bedroom. I'm coming.'

Zinzi walked in as soon as he sat down on the edge of the bed. He watched her as she changed out of the breast milk stained t-shirt she had on. Her breasts were producing so much milk, it always leaked out. Being that it had been a while since he had had sex, he found himself admiring her fuller breasts.

' Marcus!'

' Sorry, it's been a while.'

' You said you wanted to talk.'

She sat down on an ottoman ignoring his statement.

'  I just wanted to say I did not mean for this to happen and I understand it's all my fault and I take all the blame. I am so sorry. I never thought that she was capable of such.'

' There's a lot you never knew about your ex fiancè and it's no excuse. Marcus I am a mother and as much as I love you, I cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that having you in our lives has only brought me stress and put me and my children in dangerous situations.'

' I understand babe and I promise to protect you and my children with my own life if I have to. Just please give me one more chance to prove that we're meant to be.'

' You have failed before. What has changed now?'

' I didn't see it before babe but now everything is clear. I will lay my life down for you and my kids. No harm will ever again come to my children or you.'

' I hear you and I believe that you mean that but I can't help but wonder if you will live up to your promises when the time comes.'

' Nothing will stop me from protecting my family. Even if I have to spend every second of my time with you guys.'

' I am not promising you anything but I'll think about it.'

Marcus sighed with relief.

' While you think about it, can I come back to our bed?'

' It's too soon.'