39

Seeing Cynthia the way she was today reminded him of how much he too was to blame for everything she went through. Like Zinzi had once told him, he had caused her to relapse and he had also caused his daughter to spend the first few years of her life without a father. He was to blame for Zinzi losing one child and he was also the cause of Cynthia losing her child. He wanted to make things right and getting Cynthia commited in a psychiatric hospital was part of if. She needed help that only people with degrees could give.

' You're home late. You look exhausted are you okay.'

' I'm okay. Just had an eventful day. I'll tell you more about it after I shower.'

' Okay I'll be downstairs in the kitchen. I want to get started on dinner.'

' No I'll take care of that, don't worry about it.'

' You said you're tired though?'

' Zee, I'll take of it. Relax.'

Zinzi stood there confused after he kissed her forehead and took his towel into the bathroom. When the shower started running she picked his clothes off the floor and took them to the laundry room. She knocked on her daughters bedroom door before walking in.

' Daddy's home baby.'

' Great. Now I can show him what I made in school. I'll be down in a minute, need to put my dolls away.'

Angela loved her dolls so much, they were the only toys she put away after playing. Zinzi left her alone and took her sons from the nursery and headed downstairs where she sat watching marriage boot camp. Marcus came down twenty minutes later with his daughter in his arms.

' Sit and watch your brother's. Mommy and I are going to cook.'

Zinzi made a dramatic turn of her head.

' I thought you said you were making dinner?!'

' Yes but I need your help with it, now come on.'

' You should've just let me cook. I am now relaxed thinking that I had nothing to worry about-'

She complained all the way to the kitchen walking behind him. Marcus closed the kitchen door and shut her up by kissing her.

' You complain too much.'

' Sorry.'

' Anyway I wanted to talk to you without our little recorder. Remember I told you that I had somebody looking for Cynthia?'

She replied yes while she chopped onions for him.

' Well he found her and she's currently in a psychiatric hospital. Hence I was late getting home.'

Zinzi stood conflicted. She still felt bad being part of this woman's relapse but she felt a bit safer that she was off the streets but there was Kenny. Marcus noticed the worried look on her face.

' Kenny is in jail with the real father of her child Ronny. It turns out that she was actually pregnant with another man's child. I do not know how. I never got the chance to ask.'

' I'm sorry. I know it must have hurt knowing that the child was not yours.'

' I guess this is a good thing. I've learnt my lesson though.'