42: THE TRUTH

Dedicated to @celestina31617

PRISS

Three days.

Three days without Cliff.

Three days since I stopped talking to Cliff.

Three days since I ignored his calls and messages.

Three days that I cried myself to sleep.

He'd tried making a conversation with me at the office but I impeded it. I was hurt, terribly pained and extremely furious at him.

I could see the sadness written all over his face any time we crossed path but that made me more sad. How could he? I loved him wholeheartedly and in as much I decided to let go of him, I missed his presence, I missed our time together and I missed his love.

The knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts as I got up reluctantly, opening it slowly, my eyes met the ill-luck of the morning.

Cliff.
He was gazing at me and I felt hot under that gaze, I felt like wrapping my arms around him but I wouldn't do such.

My eyes went wide and apalled but it was soon clouded with hatred.

"Ini", he called softly but I slammed the door in his face.

Tears stung my eyes as I leaned on my door. He kept knocking repeatedly.

"Get the hell away! you fag! and don't you ever darken my door, oniranu", I yelled trying so hard to swallow the lump in my throat but the tears trailed down my cheeks without permission as I sat on the floor leaning my back on the door.

I pulled my knees to my chest and I sobbed silently. The stupid tears just come freely this days at any slight chance.

"Ini, please hear me out, it's not what you think it is, you just have to listen to me", Cliff's voice shouted as the tears continued to flow in their own volition.

I sobbed profusely, God, why am I crying? After crying my eyes out for some minutes, I stood up, went to the bathroom and had a quick shower.

I decided to go down for breakfast even though I didn't have an appetite. Opening my door quickly, our eyes met again. What the hell? He was still here, staring into his tired eyes, I drowned in it as concern washed over me but was instantenously suffused with anger.

"I thought I made myself clear, now I know you're a verified idiot, who left your cage open? Just go back, you tameless animal from the zoo, mountain goat......", his lips met mine and stopped me from talking.

Gosh, how I so much missed that lips, he kissed me deeply and I kissed him back as I forgot everything but my brain soon clicked, Priss, what are you doing? I pushed him back and slapped him.

Hard.
I slapped him hard on the face as I felt the pain in my hand.
My five fingers was printed on his face as he gave me an astonished look with his hand on his face

I walked away hurriedly but his grip stopped me. He gave me a pleading look as I turned to him and in a twinkle of an eye, he was on his knees.