48: BLOOD

CLIFF

Immediately I dropped the call, I sensed something was wrong. Checking through the text, the place seemed unfamiliar and I wondered how she got there 'cause Jabal's place wasn't there maybe that was where her dad was buried but I doubt it. The beep from my phone brought me out of my thought.

Looking at the screen, I realized it was Tenola, she was probably worried 'cause it was getting late already and Priss wasn't back. After picking up, she asked if I knew Priss's whereabout and I told her all that Priss had told me earlier, she told me to send her the address and I did.

Minutes later, I drove to the place with the guidance of the map, the place was a secluded cul-de-sac, it was eerily quiet as I pondered on what Priss was doing in this kind of place.

My eyes scanned everywhere as my eyes landed on Priss's car at a corner with her resting on it with folded arms.

"How did you get here?", I questioned immediately I got to her place. Her face lit up as she didn't respond but rather threw her arms at me, she hugged me tightly while she sobbed.

What went wrong? What's going on? What happened to her?, Thoughts like this raced through my mind as I couldn't settle on any answer.

The next thing I knew was my head feeling heavy with my eyes closing slowly as everything went blank.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My eyelids opened slowly till I regained my senses back, looking around me I noticed Priss was tied to a chair beside me, looking down at myself, I was also tied to a chair, my brain registered what had transpired earlier.

"What happened?", I asked Priss whose eyes opened widely as soon as she heard my voice.

"You're awake, thank goodness", she smiled at me but sadness was evident in that smile.

"What's going on?"

She looked at me for some seconds before deciding to talk but the sound from the door stopped her. We both turned our head to the door.

My eyes widened and my expression hardened immediately my eyes made four with Jabal. Instantly, I understood what was going on.

"Our Prince is finally awake, welcome to the beautiful world", Jabal said with a stupid smile.

"What do you want?"

"You're perfectly aware of that"

"Well, I don't know what your talking about"

"Do I have to make myself clear again?", he snapped.

He signalled to the useless guys behind him and they handed over some documents to him.

"Now let's start with the queen, my lovely sister, you know what to do", he threw the document on Priss's laps.

She made an eye contact with me and I shook my head.

"What should I do with it?", Priss asked with a smirk.

"Are you this dumb or is it in your vein?", Jabal snarled.

"In our vein, in case you've forgotten we're of the same blood, you chucklehead!"

Colour drained out of his face as he chuckled.