chapter 1//back again

roman's p.o.v

I groaned as I placed the ice pack on my shoulder. The aftermath of the Rumble taking it's toll on me. And as much as I want to just pack up and head to my hotel room. I also want to witness the first ever women's royal rumble match.

This is something important not only for the women but for the entirety of the company. And frankly, I know the women are gonna kill it. I turned the corner, Seth catching my attention as I made my way to the tv. "Hey." "Hey, I thought you would be gone by now. You know with the wife and all."

I shook my head, chuckling. "Nah. I won't be heading back home till after tomorrow night. Besides I don't want to miss the main event." He nodded in agreement. "It's insane. First time ever." I shrugged "Hey, this is the WWE. There's a first time for everything."

"Ain't that the truth. I'm just waiting to see who they brought back for tonight." I nodded, the curiosity getting the best of me too. More guys came from the locker room to watch as the match started.

Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch were the first ones to start it off.. And before we knew it, the ring began to fill up with superstars. Seth leaned in, announcing his pick. "My mind is set on Sasha or Becky. Becks might win the whole thing."

He took it back seconds later when Becky was eliminated. Rusev and the other guys chuckled. "Might wanna stick with Banks." I smirked as the match continued. Superstars were eliminated and Superstars entered.

It wasn't long before the legends entered the match. Lita, Trish, Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, Molly Holly, Brie Bella. I watched in fascination. It's like they haven't missed a beat.

I crossed my arms, wincing at my shoulder but ignoring it. "Damn this match is good." I looked at Seth and nodded. "We knew they would kill it." My eyes fell back on the screen as the 27 entry was about to make her way out.

Seth looked back the group. "Any guesses?" I chuckled "I don't think it would make-" I stopped short as I heard her theme music. Holy shit.

Seth inched closer to me. "You were saying?" I knew he was teasing me but I didn't give a shit. My eyes were stuck on her as she ran down the ramp and into the ring, getting straight to work.

A part of me wanted to rip my eyes from the screen and walk to my locker room but I was frozen. I watched as she was a part of the final four. Her and Brie eliminating Banks.

I watched her as she turned her attention to Asuka, only to switch and eliminate her own twin. Sneaky. Guess some things never change. Then the fight was on. I know her and I know that she doesn't give up.

The fight lead to the apron where it looked like she had the upper hand but in the end, Asuka captured the win. Asuka won the title opportunity at Mania. But the action didn't end there.

Ronda Rousey made her way down the ring, meeting face to face with Asuka, Alexa, and Charlotte. I nodded in approval, at the level of excitement that the match incited.

I heard as the guys cheer as some of the women made their way backstage. "Good match, huh?" I looked at Seth. "Great match."

I joined the guys in congratulating the girls. I hugged Nia, high-fived Banks. I talked to Lita and Trish, and caught up with Torrie. I dropped all the conversations when I saw the twins.

She walked beside Brie, hugging Liv Morgan and Kelly Kelly. I resisted the urge to walk up to her. My finger running across my ring. Let's not go down that road again.

I turned and made my way to my locker room. I stopped when I heard a voice call "Hey!" I shut my eyes, not wanting to see and not wanting to believe. I turned around, seeing Nikki standing behind me.

I took a breath, taking her all in. She looked exactly like I remember. Only some slight differences, darker hair, brighter lipstick, new gear. She looks good. But then again, she always does.

"Hey." She ran her fingers through her hair, moving it out of her face. "You were gonna run off without saying hi or anything." There's a reason for that. I chuckled "No, I just- I've had a hard night."

She chuckled "Yeah, I can see that.. God, how long has it been?" Too long. I cleared my throat. "Last time, I heard of you.. I heard you were engaged to Cena." She rolled her eyes and lifted her finger. No ring.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-" She shook her head. "No worries.. I kind of had a feeling we wouldn't make it to the alter.." She grabbed my hand, sending a shock through me. It's impossible to not think about the time her lips were on me, all over me.

"Last time I heard of you.. You were engaged to be married. But as I can see, you guys actually made it to the alter." I watched her as she traced her finger around my wedding band.

"Nikki-" She smiled and looked at me. "I'm happy for you.. Really. I wish you and your lovely wife the absolute best." I felt her slightly twist my ring, slipping it off my finger.

She reached up to me, kissing my cheek. "I haven't forgotten anything. I remember everything. And I really hope you do too." She pulled away from me. I watched her as she kissed my ring and slipped it back on my finger.

She bit her lip and turned around, walking off. Her hair swaying behind her. I looked down at my ring. I remember everything too. I haven't forgotten.