chapter 3// she knows it

roman's p.o.v

We hopped out of the car, after parking in front of the house. I grabbed Lina's hand as we walked closer to it. "Wow! It's beautiful, isn't it?" I nodded in approval. "Yeah, I'm actually impressed."

She looked at me, confused. "And why is that?" I chuckled to myself. "Rollins always seemed like an apartment kind of guy to me.. It's just a bit weird, seeing him settle down."

I heard her laugh, I turned to her. It was my turn to be confused. "What?" She shrugged and shook her head. "Nothing, that just sounds similar to something my parents used to say about you." I rolled my eyes. "Let's not ruin the night by talking about your parents' opinion of me."

She nodded and chuckled "Fair enough." We approached the door and rang the doorbell. Becky opening the door in a matter of seconds. "Roman! Lina! I'm so glad you guys could make it." Her accent adding to her charm.

Lina walked handing her the bottle of expensive wine. "We wouldn't miss it." Becky grabbed her into a hug. "There was no need for the gift but you know it's appreciated. Everyone is in the backyard. How about I open this baby up and bring you a glass?"

Lina shook her head. "No, I'll help you out." She turned to me "I'll help Becky out and then join you?" I nodded and smiled. "Of course, I'll meet you girls out there." Becky grabbed her and took her into the kitchen.

I smiled and made my way to the backyard. Very nice. I walked through the glass door, seeing a massive backyard, nice patio chairs, a bar and even a pool. Very very nice.

"Hey Reigns!" Rollins' booming voice bringing my attention back. He walked up to me, handing me a beer. "I was wondering when you were gonna show up. I was scared you weren't coming." I scoffed. "And miss this spectacle? I don't think so."

He looked behind me, a smirk appearing on his face. "Where is she?" I pointed back into house. "Kitchen." He tapped me in the shoulder and ran into the house.

I chuckled as I watched him before walking out to say hi. Everyone from work, people I sort of knew, and some I never even met got a friendly hello. I felt a hand on my back as I turned around and saw Bryan, Brie not to far behind.

"Hey." "Hey man." Bryan raised his beer and we clinked. "We were just talking about you man." I looked at him. "Really?" Brie joined in. "Yeah, we have been dying to meet your wife." I said a measly 'oh' while nodding. "She's in the kitchen. She should be coming soon."

I took a quick look around, not seeing Nikki. Guess my 'friend' isn't gonna be here after all. I chuckled silently as I sipped on my beer, chatting up with Bryan.

Before long, I notice that Lina still wasn't out of the house. I tapped Bryan on the shoulder, pausing our conversation for the time being. I threw away my empty beer bottle and made my way into the house, turning towards the kitchen.

I walked in, hearing laughter. I cleared my throat, everyone's head turning in my direction. My eyes immediately locking with hers. I watched her, her curves hugged nicely by her red dress. The material basically begging to be ripped off.

She turned towards me, the front of the dress looking more delicious than the back. "Roman, you didn't tell us your wife was so great." Her voice zapping back into our current situation.

Lina chuckled, placing her hand in the air. "Oh, stop!" Nikki smiled, her red lips curving perfectly. Why does she always seem to be wearing red? It's her thing, I guess. "I'm serious, Lina. I thought I had good taste in wine but you, are the wine goddess."

Her comment sending the rest of the group into a laugh, Lina included. "Babe, you never told me you worked with so many nice people." I shrugged "I guess I wanted you to find out for yourself." She smirked and turned her attention back to Becky.

Becky grabbed the wine bottle. "Let's head to the yard." Everyone grabbed their glasses and followed Becky. Expect for us.

Nikki got up from the chair but that's as far as I was gonna let her get. I placed my hands on the counter, trapping her. She chuckled and placed the glass down.

"Hi friend." I shook my head, her voice mocking me. "We are not friends." She looked at me, confused. "I thought you said we could be friends." "We can never be friends." She raised her eyebrow. "And why-"

"You know why." She leaned in a bit closer. "We're just friends, Roman. I met your wife today.. Off-limits, remember?" I huffed at my repeated words. I looked at her as she scoffed.

"Why are you actually doing this, Roman? What are you waiting for? Are you waiting for me to be desperate?" I tightened up as I felt her hand touch my belt buckle. "Is this what you want?" Her voice lowered, almost into a whisper, a cat-like purr.

I groaned quietly as her hands slowly caressed me. "Do you want me desperately hungry for you? So bad that I can't control myself? So bad that I just need to taste you? To feel you?" My mind felt cloudy, like I was on the best drug.

I felt her tug on my pants, softly. "Answer me, Roman. Is that what you want?" I nodded, my eyes locking with hers. "I want all of it."

She chuckled, her hold on me still as powerful as ever. And she knows it. "I want all of it too.. but not here." She turned around and grabbed the glass. She lightly placed her hand on my right arm, releasing my grip on the counter. I watched her as she turned out of the kitchen, heading in the opposite direction of the yard.
I rubbed my face, feeling the heat. I turned out of the kitchen, heading in the same direction.