CHAPTER V1

HUMAIRAH comes from a family of 7, 3 ladies and 2 boys with their parents to complete the circle. She is the eldest and also the most loved because she is named after her paternal grandmother. She is from an average family of both working class parents, her father is a Managing Director in a cotton company in Benin but decided to leave his family in Bauchi because her mother is working there as a Nurse. They are well brought up and unlike other parents in the community, they are living a life well organized and civilized, religiously good and morally sound. She is followed by a lady then the two boys, and their last born named Fatima.

Her mother is a Fulani woman looking like a 30 year old at her late 40s. She was born and brought up in Gombe until she got married to her lovely husband who is a native of Bauchi that took her there. She is a woman that is kind of hard to be with, she tends to be their heat while their father always act like an ice.

Her father is a kind of person that love his kids so much, they always play together, go to morning jogging together, play some games, shopping, restaurants and many more. He pulls his kids close always and they mean everything to him. If there is anything he doesn't like is seeing any of them in a mood that's not Owk. Occasionally, they used to go for honeymoon, the whole family glint together mostly at the end of the year. That's how she met her best friend in Abu Dhabi.

They have such a lovely family that are always together and their bond increases by the day. She is the eldest and as such, was closest to Dad compared to her younger ones especially the boys that are close to Mum.

After making the call, I went down to have some fresh air outside, I got to the pool site of the hotel which was greatly organized, a nice place with lovely chairs and a bar by the side. There is also a small part that sells snacks and soft drinks, there's also a gym adjacent to the pool and as such, the place is always lovely with people doing one thing or the other. I sat down and ordered some coffee with meat pie. I decided to scroll through my phone and snap some pictures. When I came across her pictures, I smiled and decided to give her a bell, it was around 5pm and all I thought of was she will be in the kitchen as a lady.

She picked up the call and said to me, Hlo. I replied, I do hope you are cooking something nice for us because I'm coming up for dinner tonight. She smiled and said, you thought I can cook something edible? Don’t be gullible and deluded by me. I'm a bad chef. I smile and said, good people always tend to hide their identity, and it’s my solemn duty to reveal your true colors. She laugh this time so hard and funny though, she asked me a question, since when did things related to me becomes your duty? You are very funny and as I can see it, you are a flippant.

I smiled softly and said, you became my responsibility from the very first day I saw you, you are someone I'm sure I can't regret knowing in my life, it might sound comical to you but I'm telling you this heartedly. She was quite for a moment and then sighed and said, thank you for having such trust in me. But if you won't mind, I'd like to call you later when I'm done cooking. I smiled and said, alright I just hope you won't make me stare at my phone like a million times before you call, she smiled and said, I do hope you won't. And by the way, you might be invited next time.

She hung up and left me wondering if what I said moved her or made her angry, I thought for a while and decided to move on for the mean time.

I moved to a table few inches away from me where I saw a guy sitting alone with a chess board and an empty seat, I asked him if there's none sitting there, he smiled and said not really, I'm actually waiting for someone to play with but I'm not sure if she is really going to show up. I smiled and said, why won't I take your queen and nights first? He smiled and said, maybe we can give it a trial, if you win, drinks on me. I smiled and grabbed the chair, sat down and place my coffee and pie by my side.