Chapter 2

"Adrien?" The voice was cold and distant and Adrien missed even more the warm and jovial sounds of Tom and Sabine at the bakery.

"Yes father, you scheduled an appointment to see me?" The sarcasm in his son's tone wasn't lost on Gabriel.

"Right, let me get straight to the point. I have been notified today that Audrey Bourgeois and by extension Chloe will be returning to Paris in the next 24 hours and as such, will be attending the New Year Gala." Adrien looked at his father puzzled. Chloe had told him that she wasn't returning to Paris until at least a few days after the New Year. Gabriel could see the question hanging in the air and pinched his nose between his fingers. "It would appear Audrey had an altercation with the hotel manager where they are staying. She claimed that she choose to leave, but I would think asked to leave would be more likely. In her temper, she decided to return to Paris." Adrien rolled his eyes. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened. He felt sorry for Chloe though, she'd really been looking forward to the trip and now she would be patnerless for the gala. Adrien folded his arms.

"If you're asking me to ditch Marinette to take Chloe, I won't do it." Gabriel shook his head.

"No I wouldn't ask that. It would be inappropriate at this point in time." Gabriel was aware of the suspicious look his son was giving him and truthfully it hurt. Gabriel knew he had been hard on Adrien after the failed relationship attempt with Kagami, and he had to acknowledge his part in that. After all he had misread the situation badly but in his defence he reasoned, matters of the heart were nothing more but a distant memory. "I just got off the phone with your Aunt Amelie, she has agreed to send Felix over to partner Chloe. He will be staying with us for a few days." Adrien's mouth gaped open.

"Here? As in Felix is going to be staying here with us?" Gabriel furrowed his eyebrows.

"I thought you said you had been talking with your cousin again? He certainly didn't seem to mind sharing personal family details with you." Gabriel was still annoyed that Felix had felt the need to tell Adrien that it was Emilie's family that had come from wealth when he was still a struggling designer.

"Well the last time I checked I was still family." Adrien mumbled. This whole situation was not what Adrien had wanted right now. Not at all. Not only was he going to have to get Marinette through dinner with his father tonight, but now he was going to have to keep her away from his cousin while said cousin is in his house.

"Besides, talking to my cousin on the phone is one thing, having him in my house and around my girlfriend is totally another." Gabriel wasn't sure he was following what the issue was and Adrien couldn't very well tell him that his cousin had tried to crack onto his girlfriend's superhero side earning Felix a punch in the nose.

"Surely you're not suggesting that Miss Dupain-Cheng isn't trustworthy?" Seriously, he went there. Adrien had to bite his tongue from saying what he really thought about that comment.

"Are you saying Felix is?" He seathed. Gabriel nodded in concession.

"Touché. Nevertheless, Felix will be staying with us and will accompany you, Miss Dupain-Cheng and Miss Bourgeois to the Gala. When he arrives tomorrow I'll send him along to your photoshoot."

"What photo shoot?" This was just going from bad to worse.

"We have some new pieces to be added to the spring line. Vincent is going away for the New Year so it has to be done tomorrow. I will see you and Miss Dupain-Cheng at dinner." Without another word, Gabriel turned and left the room.

"I better hide my cheese before your cousin gets here." Adrien was still looking at where his father had left through the door.

"I think we're going to have bigger problems than your cheese Plagg." He turned to his Kwami, the two of them sharing a worried look. He pulled out his phone to let Marinette know about his cousin's impending visit.