Chapter 8

Ladybug looked back down at a still unconscious Adrien cradled in her arms, her heart beating wildly in her chest as a tear ran down her cheek. There was only one way they would be able to defeat this akuma while preserving his identity, but it was risky. She looked over at Plagg who was floating near his chosens head, the kwami clearly distressed. "I wish I could do something Pigtails, but I'm the Kwami of Destruction, I can only break things."

"And that's exactly what we need Plagg, if your willing to go along with me." The Cat Kwami looked at her and his eyes widened in realisation at what she was planning.

"Are you sure Ladybug?" He said looking back down at his chosen. Ladybug lowered her eyes to Adrien nodding her head slowly.

"He would agree with me." She said softly as she gently laid his head down onto the ground and rested her cheek on his. "I'm going to fix everything my Chaton, I promise." She whispered to him before kissing the top of his head. Carefully she slid the Cat Miraculous off his finger, gripping it to her heart as she stood up.

"Are you going to use that?" Felix asked, pointing to her hand. Right now he was more than happy to do anything to get out of here. Ladybug slowly shook her head.

"It's too dangerous for me to merge the Ladybug and the Cat Miraculous together but it is Hawk Moth's intention to do so." She opened her hand to look at the ring. "The power of the merged miraculous grants a single wish, but the universe must stay in balance and there would be a terrible price to pay." She closed her hand back around the ring, closing her eyes and holding it to her heart. "I have always trusted Chat Noir with my life, before I even knew it was Adrien behind the mask, and now I have to trust you with it."

"Me!" Felix took a step back pointing to himself. "Marinette, what are you...you can't...I mean..." Ladybug stepped forward and stood in front of Felix, Plagg floating close by her head. Once again opening her hand she held the ring out towards him and took a deep breath.

"Felix Graham-de Vanily, here is the Miraculous of the Cat, that grants the power of destruction. You will use it for the greater good." Felix looked at the ring and then back up at Ladybug. "When the mission is over, you will return the miraculous to Adrien." She placed her other hand on his shoulder looking at him earnestly. "Can I trust you?"

Felix looked over to Adrien still passed out on the ground, the sound of the akuma tearing the hotel apart outside, and the roof above them shaking violently. He met back to Ladybug's eyes. She was trusting him to save what was most precious to her by giving him the greatest power she possessed. Felix took the ring into his hands. He could leave now, he could give the ring to Hawk Moth in exchange for the twin ring, but then what? He would lose his cousin, his friendship with Chloe and the connections to their world here is Paris. Even Marinette, her parents and the little bakery had become important to him. Felix would get what he wanted, but he would have to find another way. Slipping the ring onto his finger he made a fist looking at it before taking Ladybug's hands in his, clasping them together between his own.

"You can trust me...Ladybug." She nodded at him before Plagg came up to his face. Felix reeled back slightly at the fierce look in the Kwami's eyes.

"That is my favourite kitten over there kid-o, and one of the best Chat Noir's I've ever had. You better make this count." Felix held out his hand for Plagg to sit in.

"He's my family Plagg, you can count me." Plagg looked into Felix's eyes. He wasn't as intuitive as Tikki, but he felt he could trust him.

"Alright then. Say the words."

"Plagg, claws out." In a flash of green light, Felix had transformed into Chat Noir.

Ladybug had to do a double take. There was an ever so slight difference in build, and maybe Felix's jaw was a little less strong, but it wouldn't be something that anyone else would noticed. After all, no one had ever been as close to Chat Noir as she was. Felix picked Adrien up and slung him over his shoulders in a fireman's carry, following Ladybug to the other side of the ballroom where the doors were. No sooner had they left their hiding space, than the roof finally caved in behind them filling the space with dust.