Chapter 4

"Adrikins, thank God you're finally here I've been bored to tears all morning." Chloe wrapped her arms around her childhood friend kissing him on both cheeks before looking around behind him. "Where is that insufferable cousin of yours?" Adrien rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Father took him for a tour at the Gabriel flagship store this morning, but he should be here soon." Chloe hooked her arm around his as they walked towards the restaurant. Adrien frowned slightly to himself. "Marinette is fine by the way, thanks for asking." Chloe stopped in her tracks and looked at her friend.

"I'm sorry Adrien. I didn't...I mean..." She huffed in frustration before looking at him warmly. "I'm happy for you, really. I know Marinette and I haven't always seen eye to eye, and I can't promise we will ever be friends..." She looked him square in the eyes with her hands up on his shoulders. "But I'm willing to call a truce for your sake." Adrien's face lit up into a smile as she continued. "I know you and her have been close for sometime and while I don't understand what you see in her, if she makes you happy, then I'm happy." Adrien wrapped his arms around her into a hug, Chloe patting him on the back.

"Thanks Chloe, you're a real friend." The socialite laughed, throwing her head back.

"I'm your oldest friend, and don't you forget it." She said waving a finger at him. The two walked arm and arm into the restaurant where they would be having lunch. "Just remember I've seen you in your birthday suit before, I'm sure even Marinette hasn't managed that yet."

"What?" Adrien looked at her with wide eyes as they sat down. Chloe had a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Remember that time our families went on that beach holiday with you and Felix? We must have only been about five or six at the time. Your mum forgot to pack your swimmers so instead of borrowing an extra pair from Felix you promptly whipped off all your clothes and ran down into the water, your ding-a-ling flying in the wind..."

"Oh my God Chloe!" Adrien buried his face in his hands. He could feel Plagg quivering in his pocket trying to suppress his laughter. He just knew that the little sod was going to give it to him later. "Please don't tell Marinette, I think I'd die of embarrassment." Chloe just cackled at him. He'd always been fun to tease and fluster.

"Well I'll keep it in reserve in case I need to bribe you with it later." She winked at him and laughed again as he groaned at her.

The two passed the time in easy conversation, Adrien excitedly telling her about his Christmas with Marinette. Chloe had to hide a smile at the lovesick look on the blonde boys face talking about someone she could see he truly loved. When she really thought about it, there was never a real reason for her resentment of Marinette. Maybe deep down there was a bit of envy for the wonderful family she knew the Dupain-Cheng's were, unlike her own family, or Adrien's even. Here he was though, happier than she had ever seen him talking about Marinette like she was his whole world and she couldn't deny a gladness in her own heart to see him so loved and contented.

Chloe was interrupted from her thoughts by Felix's arrival in the restaurant. She had to make a double take at how alike the cousins were. Felix was perhaps slightly shorter by a hair and his style was his own, but his build, the face and eyes were so similar. She stood up and greeted him with the same two kisses on the cheek, though a little more formally than she did with Adrien. She went to sit down when Felix grabbed her hand.

"Chloe, before we do anything else, I want to apologise." Chloe blinked at Felix, not sure what he was talking about. "The last time I came here I said some fairly mean stuff on a video pretending to be Adrien. I was going through a rough time, what with my dad passing and all, and I know it's not an excuse but, well, I'm sorry." Chloe looked at Felix suspiciously up and down. Felix shifted his eyes nervously. "Look, I know you don't believe me and I don't blame you, but I've known you as long as Adrien has and, well, I kind of missed talking to you." Felix went completely stiff when Chloe pulled him into a hug before loosening a little to return the embrace.