Don't Get Comfortable

It turned out Cracker didn't actually live on Whole Cake Island like you originally thought. While he had his own room there, he actually stayed at another nearby island called Biscuits Island. Which meant you also technically lived there now. Anywhere he went you were supposed to follow after all.

It felt like a whole master/pet situation and you weren't liking it. The marriage was more of a way to tether you to him so you'd be easier to keep track of and ensure you'd actually follow directions but after being only a couple days into it, you were wanting to break rules and start problems more than ever. It took all your self control to not piss off Big Mom or Cracker.

As bad as it sounded, you decided you liked Cracker best when he was wanting to have sex. He was nice then, still demanding, but nice besides that. Literally any other time he was doing everything he could to get under your skin. So much for him not wanting to push you after everything you'd been through. He liked to make a game of it.

Either way, it had only been a couple days and he finally decided it was time to go "home" to Biscuits Island. As much as you didn't like living on Whole Cake Island, you didn't want to have to move and get situated somewhere else new even more. Plus leaving meant you wouldn't see Raisin anymore. He was the one person you were able to talk to normally without having to constantly remind yourself to behave and avoid worsening your situation.

He was sweet enough to inquire about coming with to train you further, but it was decided that there were others back at Biscuits Island that could take you through the basics. Along with that, you were given a detailed list of skills involving your devil fruit abilities you had to have down by the end of the year. Cracker was supposed to be the one to make sure you were keeping up on it, but it was more of a solo training thing. Once you had those figured out, they'd move you on to using your abilities in combat situations.

It was definitely a well thought out process. They decided that since you were still young, you had plenty of time to get better  so you wouldn't be a liability in the future. Even if you didn't like working with pirates, you'd rather be sure you could do a good job than risk failure for a multitude of reasons. There was family to keep safe and Marines to avoid running in to. All in all, you had a lot of work to do in a set amount of time. And you were grateful for it. It meant you wouldn't have to think about anything or deal too much with other people who didn't care for you. It was the best thing you could ask for.

The ship took about a day to reach your more permanent home. In that time, you sat down with your list and made a game plan for yourself, allocating certain time limits you thought would be appropriate for each skill. Cracker tried to pester you but stopped after a short while once he noticed what you were working on. He may have control over you but not over what his mom wanted you to accomplish. He wasn't about to get in the way of that. It was probably the only thing you'd ever be grateful to that woman for. Her rules and regulations were allowing you breathing room from the man in a backwards sort of way.

You finished your work a little before reaching port, the timing couldn't be more perfect.

"Finally finished?" Cracker pounced on you the second you came out of your shared quarters, papers in hand. He snatched them, ignoring your protests and comments on his lack of manners. "You're putting yourself on quite a tight schedule mouse." He hummed as he checked over your work.

"I have to be to get everything done on time. Have you seen what all your mom wants me to learn?" You instantly regretted asking him that. It suggested you were okay with having an actual conversation and you really weren't.

"Peros and Katakuri probably helped her get it together since they also saw your current skill set first hand, so you can thank them for that. Though I do see some of my suggestions in here." He laughed to himself, handing the papers back.