Something New

"Hey, that guy you called made you laugh. How'd he do it?"

Cracker hovered above you, still as naked as he was last night with a hand up your shirt, fingers dancing across your belly. You could now see the mark across his cheek was quite the nasty looking bruise. And he looked wide awake like he had been puzzling over the question for a while before waking you up.

"Atticus? I dunno, he just does....Have you slept at all?"

"Not really. Been thinking too much." He was so casual, not a hint of his old snarky attitude present.

"About what?" You rubbed your eyes, stiffening a little as he pressed his lips to yours while you weren't paying attention as he continued to palm the skin under your shirt.

He noticed your reaction and pulled away. "Sorry, I just wanted to touch you." It was obvious he didn't want to stop but he did anyway, settling for staying above you on his hands and knees. "Been thinking about things I can do to make life easier for you."

"Oh...uh, thanks."

"We could rotate what days you do your different training so you have more free time. I can show you around the island when we get back, find places you'd like to go. We can go to other islands in the territory. Oh, and you can call home whenever you want!" He was grinning widely, flashing his teeth in excitement.

"I can talk to Addi?" Your eyes widened in disbelief. He was pulling a real 180, going further than you thought he would, literally overnight.

"Yeah, that's something you wanted, right?"

You nodded, doing your best not to lose yourself to tears like you did so much yesterday. It was relieving to know you'd be able to talk to him whenever you wanted to. Hell, you could talk with the rest of the family as well.

"So how's that for a good start?" He bent down a little closer, his body brushing lightly against yours as if he was testing to see if you'd let him touch you now.

"Honestly, it's more than I thought I'd get." A small laugh escaped you, earning a delighted giggle from Cracker.

"What else do you want?"

"Right now, there's nothing I can think of." You were too dumbstruck with all the new freedoms you'd just received to think up anything else.

"Oh." He frowned a bit in disappointment.

"Was there...something you thought I'd want?"

"I dunno about you, but I like a good fuck with my good news."

You giggled, fighting to get out the words. "Are you suggesting you'd like that now?"

His frown disappeared as he watched you, turning into a sly smile. "If you want to. I'll make it the best sex you've ever had~"

"Can we, uh, do that another time?" He wasn't one to take no for a answer when he was in the mood, you were hoping maybe he'd be more willing to this morning.

"Whenever you want." He seemed a little unhappy that you weren't up for it at the moment, but well behaved, not doing as he liked without your okay. "Could I get a kiss from you then? A real one."

He earned that much at least. You were very happy with what you'd been able to get from him so far. If he kept it up, things could be good, great even. You put a hand to his chest, pushing him back on his heels so you could sit up. He was too tall, even kneeling, for you to be able to reach him easily. So you worked up to your knees and gently tugged him down a bit.

He licked his lips expectantly as he slipped a hand up your shirt just far enough for his fingers to touch bare skin and cupped your face with the other. He waited for you to initiate it, lips curling up into a content smile when you kissed him. He'd always taken the lead on everything like this so you weren't quite sure what to do from here.