One Call

You slept longer than you thought you would but had enough time for a quick shower before reaching your destination. Turns out it wasn't home. Cracker had mentioned before that he and you would tell Big Mom about the success you had in person and apparently he meant right away. He was taking you to Whole Cake Island though you didn't see the point in going all the way there when he could just call her and tell her the "good" news.

Your timing was perfect. As soon as you were clean and back on the ship's deck it was pulling into port and Cracker was ready to go. It was late in the evening when you arrived, the sun was setting and there was a slight, cool breeze in the air. It felt nice, relaxing even.

Cracker rushed you up to the palace, excited to tell his mother you weren't a complete waste of resources. He wasn't as touchy since he'd had some alone time with you but he still loved to keep close, reminding you who was in control. You just wanted to get it over with and get back to your usual training. He didn't have to be looming over you to remind you of your position. You were already very aware of it.

You were in your own little world as he led you through the palace halls and up different sets of stairs, not paying attention to anything until you'd reached the room Big Mom would be in. It wasn't the same one you'd met her in before, this time he took you to a meeting room. Once inside, you wanted to turn around and leave. A lot of the family was there, waiting for your arrival and you didn't like when so many sets of eyes snapped to you all at once. It was unnerving.

"Cracker, (Y/n), I'm happy to see you!" Big Mom called from the head of the table. Peros was sitting to her right and one of Cracker's sisters was to her left. She was a tall woman with a vicious scar running across her face and hair about the same color as your husband's.

"Mama!" He grinned happily and you nodded in acknowledgement, staying polite without getting friendly.

"How did our little test go?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Wonderfully. The ship was destroyed quickly without a single survivor. All the evidence of them being there is at the bottom of the sea." He took a nearby empty seat that happened to be the last free one.

The rest were filled by other members of the family so you just stood where you were. You were used to Cracker forgetting about you like this so it didn't bother you anymore.

"(Y/n), here, sit." A familiar face greeted you, getting up so you could have his seat. It was nice knowing he remembered you.

"I'm fine Raisin, thanks though." You smiled, staying put as he glanced between you and Cracker before taking his seat again. He was stoic as ever but you could tell he wasn't comfortable with it.

"You've made quite the improvements with your devil fruit. I must admit, I didn't think you'd be able to keep up with everything." Big Mom continued.

"I've made it work."

"Have you found the time to explore any other of our islands in your free time?"

You didn't think she'd want to get into small talk with you and you weren't amused by it.

"No, I haven't."

"Why not?" She seemed a little unhappy that you hadn't.

"I..." You glanced at Cracker who had leaned his head back to look at you with his sharp pastel eyes. "didn't know I could." Not that he'd let you anyway.

"Cracker." Big Mom snapped for her son's attention. "You can't let her stay cooped up on that little island of yours."

"She's been very insistent on trying to accomplish everything we've detailed for her in a year's time. She doesn't leave any time for play unfortunately." He leaned his head back to smirk at you.