Redemption-End

"Aspen, Kai!" Atticus snatched your boys by their collars, dragging them back over to you and Cracker before they had the chance to run off the ship. "Wait for your mom and dad."

They let out giggles of delight in response, trying to wiggle out of his grasp until Cracker managed to scoop them up. They were both three years old and growing like weeds. Kai had decided he liked his father's long hair and was trying to grow his out as well. It flopped into his eyes often and he was always trying to push it back to see what he was doing. Though Aspen took after Cracker in appearance, his personality was more like yours; a little mischievous at times but very self sufficient and a quick learner.

"Rules kiddos." You said, balancing your third child on your hip. She wasn't even a year old, still practically brand new. "No bothering your uncles too much, you all know how uncle Kata and Daifuku are grumps. Boys, we gotta see grandma Lin before we do anything else, she wants to meet Rhea."

The baby squealed in delight at the sound of her name. She was a screamer. No matter the mood, she found a reason to yell and make noise. It used to startle Cracker, he always thought it meant something was wrong and would panic every time she'd lose it. You found it funny. She was always bubbly and decided the best way to show that was to use her voice.

Your boys pouted for a moment, both trying to talk at once about going and seeing their uncle Peros instead. He always had something for them when they came by Whole Cake island. This time was a little different than usual though. Big Mom had given you the okay to bring your entire family with you, allowing them a chance to meet Cracker's side and go on a vacation all at the same time. You weren't so sure you wanted to do it at first but Atticus agreed it would be fun for all the kids. And with that, everyone had gotten on a ship together and made their way over to the island.

Atticus decided to add his own rules, more for all your siblings than anyone else. "Don't touch anything unless I say it's okay. Don't bother anyone who doesn't want to be bothered. And for fuck's sake, don't talk about pirating!"

It'd been impossible to get the kids to stop talking about growing up to be pirates like you and Cracker. The one downside to bringing all them here was they'd get to see tons of other pirates in the family and at least one of them was bound to ask for stories. Needless to say, you and Atticus weren't looking forward to deterring the kids.

You glanced at Cracker. He was reiterating what you'd already told the boys, making sure they understood. It was mostly because you'd be taking them to Big Mom by yourself while he helped get Atticus and company acquainted with the island and his own siblings they were bound to run across. They already knew you were bringing family but it didn't hurt to let them know which rowdy group of kids were with you.

"Okay." Your husband plopped the boys back on their feet. "Listen to your mother, she's already got her hands full with your sister, she doesn't need you giving her a hard time."

The boys giggled and Kai spoke up. "We's always good!"

Cracker chuckled. "Course you are. Keep up the good work then."

He crouched down and gave them each a kiss on the forehead before ruffling their hair and standing up to tug you over to him by the waist. Rhea was happily pressed between the two of you, smacking an open hand to her dad's chest to get his attention. He immediately took her tiny hand in his, letting her play with his fingers.

"I've got a snail on me, call if you need anything or if the boys get to be too much. Brûlée offered to help watch them at some point too if needed."

"She's a saint." You sighed before pulling at his pauldron, making him bend down to kiss you. "I'm sure we'll be fine though. They've been running around the ship all morning, I'm sure they'll be ready for a nap before long."