Prologue

Prologue

   As a child, I was always hiding from the world. I was quiet,m shy, nervous and I was always afraid to be around someone. I was shy because I never knew how to act around somebody or ask anybody for anything. I was quiet because I never knew what to say to anybody. The nerves and being afraid came from something else.

    Because of these feelings, I always got in trouble by my parents and my teachers. I always got detention or suspended because I never spoke and I always disobeyed the school rules and dress code. When I came home with a detention slip or I came home early because i got suspended. I earned myself five hours of verbal and physical abuse.

    My parents and teachers expect me to be like my older brother and twin sister. I'm the complete opposite. Both of my parents, my brother and my sister have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I have black hair and emerald green eyes. I have seperate DNA from them somehow.

    My grandmother has black hair, and my gradfather has green eyes. I'm the only one with extremely white skin. Everybody else has tanned skin. My parents always yell at me to go outside so they dont have to feel ashamed because I'm the family outcast.

     My brother, Alexander, is president of the student council, a straight A student, plays football and is captain of the debate team. My sister, Andrea, is the most popular girl in school, a straight A and B student, captain of the volleyball and softball teams and she always volunteers at some shelter or library somewhere in town. I, on the other hand, suck at school, play the guitar, never was good at sports and smoke liike the worthless waste of space I am.

   My name is Amy, and I have a dirty little secret that no one else knows.