Chapter 1

I kept my secret bottled up inside since I was six. My brother and sister knew about it because they were there, and they saw what happened. They just never told our parents because they figured I would tell them. I never did because life would be hectict if I told anybody. This all started eleven years ago.

   You see, I was never as disrespectful or as much as a troublemaker as I am now. My parents never laid a hand on me, or said an abusive word to me. I was never a freak, and I was just like my brother and sister. I was even treated the same way everybody treated Andrea. I was always against the things that I'm into now.

   Ever since I became distant and a freak, my parents never cared what I did. All they do is give me cigarettes and abuse me. My cousin gave me everything she owns that's black. Her and my grandparents are the only ones that care about me. If my parents thing I'm hiding in my room, I will probably be with my cousin.

   Most days she has custody of me, but only after I get a terrific beating from my abusive parental units. Cara knows they hit me, but I made her promise not to tell anyone. She never understood why I wouldn't want anybody to now, and quite frankly, neither did I. I just did.

"Amy Michelle Adams! I want you downstairs in five seconds, or I will break your arm again!" I heard my mother yell from the kitchen.

   I climbed off my bed, and put my ipod in my pocket in case the come in my room looking for something again.

"You are in so much trouble, little sister. What did you do this time? Fail junior year?" I pleasantly stuck my middle finger up at my sister. "No way. I hope they make you sleep outside again. At least I won't get raped."

   I shot her a hard glare as I left the room. That was the one word I hated more than anything. Yes, my secret had to do with rape, but that is a no-go zone.

"Three seconds to get down here, Amy!" I heard my father yell.

   I honestly never understood why I got in trouble. So I never spoke. So I hate the school uniform. So I wan my secret to stay a secret. Life is better off that way.

   When I got downstairs, my father was leaning against the kitchen counter, and my mother had her hands on her hips. I knew I was in for a beating. I never care what they did or said to me. It was better that finding out my secret that I have been keeping from them for so long.

"Amy, we found something in your room the other day," my other said calmly.

"Roll up your sleeves, Amy," my eyes widened.

"Now!" I did as I was told.

  I rolled up my sleeves to reveal my scars and tons of fresh cuts. Most of them are from when I was little. The first time I cut was the night it happened.

"Why would you do this, Amy? Is all the cuts and bruises we give you not enough?" my father asked.

"I can you why Amy cuts herself. Or do you want to tell them? Go ahead, Amy. Tell Mommy and Daddy what these scars and cuts are from," I tackled my sister to the ground.

"Shut up, Andrea! I have my reasons for doing what I do, and I have a reason for keeping my secret!" I screamed at my sister.

"Amy!" my parents took turns slapping me across the face. "You do not attack your sister! Ever!"

"Whatever. I' going to Cara's," I looked back at my parents and sister before opening the door. "Don't wait up."

   That was the first time in eleven years that I have spoken to anyone besides my cousin.