Coming Out

Author's Note: This is inspired by EB's Bawal Judgmental. I just want to remind you all, this is FICTION.

*NOTE: Let me change the name here. Alam niyo naman kung sino to.

What if: There will be another one-on-one interview of Arsho with Boy Abunda? Where he bravely comes out. How will this go?

TB: "Hello, mga Kaibigan, tonight will be a big night for us here in TWBA, and we are lucky enough and privilege enough to have gotten this opportunity to talk to someone whose journey here in the industry wasn't easy. Let's not make this introduction long. Please welcome our special guest for tonight's episode—Arsho A!"

Arsho: "Tito Boy, good evening. Good evening sa lahat ng nanonood."

TB: "First, Thank you for doing this with us, let's get straight to the point. How are you, Arsho? How are you in the real context of the word?"

AA: "Ahmmm, Tito Boy, I am good, but being good, or shall I say being here, right in front of you isn't easy, but being here means, I am 1 step away from moving forward with life."

TB: "Ang lalim non, but I get it. Maraming nangyari sa buhay mo sa likod ng camera na di alam ng publiko. Can you take us to your journey behind the camera leading you here in front of me, and answering questions that are most relevant to you at the very moment."

AA: "Mhmm...It's a journey full of revelation for me, Tito Boy. It's a journey of finding a place where I could finally be a free man? Do you know what I mean? It's a journey of push and pulls—there's this fear of the unknown, there is this fear of people's judgment, there is this fear of just being vulnerable out there. But, all that matters to me now is the opinion of my family, that's all for me. I've come to a point that I have to do this or a lot of people will be in pain, including myself."

TB: "I understand. I truly understand. How's your heart now? Kumusta ang puso mo, Arsho?"

AA: "As far as my heart is concern, I've never felt this at peace. I've let go of someone not because I don't love that someone. I love her, but in a different kind of way now."

TB: "Let me get this straight from you. You let go of a certain Maine Mendoza?"

AA: "Yes, Tito Boy..."

TB: "Did you break up with Maine Mendoza?"

AA: "We broke up a long time ago, Tito Boy"

TB: "How long? Sorry, I have to ask you this because you were seen most of the time together along these times, so where is this "a long time ago" came in? When people are still seeing you both together?"

AA: "5 months ago, Tito Boy. And honestly, she became a friend, a dear friend whose been there for me, helping me figure out things. I owe her a lot because, during those times that I kinda figuring out myself, she didn't judge me, she's just there lending an extra helping hand that whatever happens I still have her as a friend. She became a true friend, Tito Boy. Sobrang napakabuti ng Diyos sa akin, na naging kaibigan ko siya. Grabe lang yong sacrifice din niya, with all the bashing but she stood her ground and even defended me numerous times. Isa siya sa naging instrumento ko to really do this big step in my life."

TB: "Ang ganda Arsho. Ang ganda na along your journey, you found people na buong buo ka talagang tatanggapin. Maine, kung nanonood ka, Maraming Salamat sa mabuti mong puso."

AA: "Yes."

TB: "Now, Arsho, let's move forward. Ito na yong tanong. Ready ka na ba?"

AA: "Yes, Tito Boy...let's do this!"

TB: "Arsho, Are you gay?"

AA: "YES. Tito Boy, I am gay, and I am coming out in the open because I felt like I've been in the dark for quite a long time, already. I have to give it to myself this time. I owe myself this freedom that I deserved."

TB: "Such a brave thing to do, Arsho. Please know that we are so proud of you, and as one member of the LBGT community, I am so proud of you."

AA: "Thank you, po."

TB: "It's okay, you can let those tears go, you can cry, you are free now, nandito lang kami para sa'yo."

AA: "Salamat po. Can I take this opportunity to say a piece to the people who've been there for me along this journey..."

TB: Yes, go on..."

AA: "First, to my parents. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for accepting me, for encouraging me, for supporting me, and for reassuring me about your love. Yon lang naman ang mahalaga sa akin. To my siblings, thank you too, for not leaving my side, for giving me the strength to do this, and for loving me unconditionally. For my family and friends, some may be shocked but please know that I love you all. Lastly to Maine, thank you Maine for bringing light into my life, you will always be special to me, and I am so happy that you found your happiness too, the same time that I found mine."

TB: "I am sure your family is proud of you, Arsho. Pero gusto ko lang e add sa tanong. May sinabi kang: I am so happy that you found your happiness too, the same time that I found mine. So, you mean you're in a relationship now and she is too?"

AA: "Yes, Tito Boy..."

TB: "Interesting. Interesting. Can you tell us more?"

AA: "Ahhmmm ang masasabi ko lang Tito Boy, we had a double date, na meet ko na sila and they also met us. It was a dinner full of hope and a new friendship was formed, and I couldn't ask for more."

TB: "Sorry to ask ha, do we know these people?"

AA: "Ahmm for me Tito Boy, you will know him in time, I just want to savor this moment na kami kami lang ang nakakaalam."

TB: "Your family knows him already?"

AA: "Yes po. They met him already and my family accepted us, that's why I couldn't ask for more na, everything is falling into place na."

TB: "How about Maine's special someone? Do we know him?"

AA: "It's not my place to say about that, Tito Boy. I respect these two so much and I'll protect them as much as I can. They're a friend, a true friend, and as much as I wanted to say it but I can't. They will do that in their own time and pace."

TB: "Wala ka bang hint sa amin, Arsho?"

AA: "Hmmm, ganito nalang. I am so happy that Maine found her way back home."

TB: "Mukhang alam na namin kung sino. Pero salamat, Arsho for trusting the show and I am personally happy for you. Sana one of this days mapakilala mo siya dito sa amin ha. Sana ma interview namin kayo."

AA: "Opo. Opo. No problem po. Salamat din po sa TWBA, sa'yo Tito Boy and to my ABS-CBN family, Salamat po sa support niyo.

Author's Note: POPCORN, PLEASE! hahahah huwag niyo pong seryosohin to ha, pam pa good vibes lang to. Mga What ifs, pero ako may personal What if talaga ako eh, yon bang—darating kaya ang panahon na pasasalamatan natin si Arsho? Char!

Til' our next popcorn story, readers! hahahahaha