A King's Face-off with the Devil

What If: It came to a point that someone needs to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea?

Until how long can someone hold a piece of themselves when it was being tested from the very beginning?

Until how long can someone suppress a love that is so great, that all it wanted is to just love freely?

Until how long can someone extend his patience when all left is just a piece of a word even hanging at the tip of someone's tongue—waiting to be said.

Until how long a man can keep up with all the pressures surrounding him—dictating him what to do, why it needed to be done, and how it will be done.

Until how long will these people own his life?

"Until how long, RJ?"

"I don't know dad..."

"What do you want?"

His father asked. A question that he knows the answer to by heart but he is struggling because he doesn't want to be ingrate to the people who're from the very start was there for him. Gave him the opportunity to save his family and the industry where he learned to love so much.

"Dad, I can't turn my back to these people..."

"I know. Pero hanggang kailan ka magbabayad ng utang na loob, RJ? Alam ko mahirap to, kasi ganon ka kabait, ganon mo pinahahalagahan ang mga taong tumulong sa'yo, pero hanggang kailan?"

"Hanggat kaya pa Dad"

"Kaya mo pa ba?"

"..."

"Hindi mo masagot kasi hindi mo na kaya. Sobrang bait mo RJ. Sobrang bait ninyong dalawa. Sakripisyo kung sakripisyo dahil sa pinirmahang kontrata. Tama na RJ."

"I'll think about it, Dad."

"Hindi ka naman lilipat ng estasyon, diba? All you need to do is decide and have some balls this time to say No to them and say Yes to you.

"I know dad, Salamat."

And finally, the day has come—the King has decided to cut ties with the devil. Never renewed his contract, chose the deep blue sea—for, after all, he realizes that there's nothing to be afraid of the deep blue ocean—because he owns the ocean—he is the ocean.

This time, he will come first.
His QUEEN will come first.
THEY will come first.

This time,
he knows that what he has given, were more than enough.
It is too much even,
so, between enough and too much, is HIM deciding for his happiness—his very own happiness.

This time,
It is not ONLY Rj or ONLY Maine.

This time...
It is MAINE & RJ—RJ & MAINE.

Author's Note:
Noon ko pa to iniisip, na sana darating ang araw na Alden/RJ, would stand up for himself and for them—publicly. (Wish ko lang to, pero pwede din totohanin. hahaha)

Munting paalala: FICTION po ito! 😊🙏🏻