002. witchy woman.

DEATH BY WINGS.

The winged hero flipped through his television, stopping at his favorite channel. The familiar blonde woman lit up his screen. Takami sipped on his drink, trying to mentally relax himself. Her blue eyes wouldn't phase him this time. He was going to relax.

"— does he actually care about the Japanese people or is he too busy running into windows?"

"Come on, I don't do that! I'm not a literal bird," he said out loud to no one. He threw his arm up to the television set, that smarmy woman smirking back at him.

Why is she that way? Someone must've peed in her cereal or something. He switched off the television set, stretching out his back and standing. Takami was going out on a night patrol.

Ever since he was told about his under cover assignment, he felt a greater need to be a hero to people. It wasn't that he wanted to. He just had to reassure the populace. Maybe even himself a little bit.

Takami's brilliant red feathers spread out and he grabbed an apple off of his counter, taking a couple bites as he left his apartment. I don't run into windows. I'm not a bird.

He was still miffed by her words, but she always had something to say about him. He wasn't enough this or enough that. On the outside, he didn't care. Just another obnoxious fear mongering reporter with nothing better to do.

He did see her outside of Endeavor's office a couple of times. She was just strange. He didn't care when that fatass reporter said he was a pretty boy with a huge ego. I don't have an ego. I'm just out here being a hero— doing my thing. I didn't want this number two spot anyways.

At least she was trying to find the truth. He admired her for that. Lying was stupid. It was a gigantic waste of time and for what? Social status?

He took off into the air, soaring high above the city. He found a place to perch, scanning the surrounding alley ways. He picked his teeth with a toothpick, then flicked it off of the side of the building.

"Windows. I guess I look in them because, damn, I look good," he started talking to himself. "I have never run into one on purpose. Where did she get that information?"

He was muttering to himself then took a deep breath. He shouldn't let him bother him too much. She was just a gorgeous woman with an opinion. There were plenty of those.

He was scanning again when something peaked his attention. A group of three people, and was that— a woman? Were they about to jump her? Takami stood up, straightening out his wings. A damsel in distress! I got this. A classic low level patrol scenario.

He flew down, keeping a low profile and listening into the alley way. The woman had a black bob with blunt bangs. A short black dress and heels accompanied that. She some sort of doninatrix or somethin'?

"You promised us you would take care of this client."

"I did, but I couldn't deliver. He escaped me."

"That's bullshit, we all know this."

"It is not bullshit. They knew I was coming, there's a mole."

The three men pulled guns out, one of them having a rather ambitious looking strength quirk. Interesting.

"Come on, folks, can't we all relax," Tamaki came out of the shadows, shrugging his shoulders.