0 2

C O N V I N C E
___________

They ran and jumped from rooftop to rooftop. They chase each other and compete with each other for whoever reach the last point. Sohee has never experienced such fun before. Her body was light in soul form enabling her to become more agile and flexible. She has no trouble walking on thin electrical wyres because she can and even if she fell, she couldnʼt feel the pain.

"Was this why you didnʼt want to leave yet?" she asked Taehyung after landing on a rooftop of the tallest building in the city.

In one day they hopped places and saw many things. It was exciting, really. She too would want to stay longer and hopped to another city or if she can, she wants to travel around the world.

"Yeah," Taehyung sighed as he was perfectly content with what he has today: be with Sohee and watched the sun set.

"If the world is this beautiful, can you imagine how heaven will look like?" Taehyung turned to look at her with his hopeful eyes.

Sohee smiles. She watches the sun set in between skyscrapers. It was a magnificent view. The heaven is unimaginable because its beauty cannot be compare to the world which existence is only temporary. Sohee turns to Taehyung with unfaded smile.

"I believe its nothing to this world." she said.

Taehyung nods. "Right. I have spend days here and I am now ready to go. But as I said, I donʼt want to go alone. Tell me if youʼre ready. We can go together." he said next, trying to execute his plan on bringing her with him.

"Will you come with me Sohee?" Taehyung stretched his hand to her, hoping she would take his offer.

On the other hand, Sohee felt heavy to leave the world. His request was simple, he wanted a friend to go together to the afterlife. She too, is a soul who supposed to leave sooner or later, but why she doesnʼt feel right?

Like now is the time to feel frustrated because she didnʼt remember how and why she died. She canʼt recall who her family and friends were. She couldnʼt know if she lived a good life or not. She felt incompleteness.

"I would love to, Tae. But.. I donʼt know why I feel this isnʼt right." Sohee looked down to see her clean feet. Funny how it remains untouched while she had been places since the morning.

A pair of hands held her shoulder, making her turned to the side to face the most handsome guy she ever met. Her dead heart skips a beat. The way he looks at her makes she thinks she could gain everything she had lost. Is this how human starts to fall in love?

"We all think like that, Sohee. We need to be able to accept that we have died and need to move on or we will turn to evil spirit. Denying, is the first step towards the change."

"I am not denying it!... Or maybe I did, but it was because I didnʼt remember! You remember why and how you died, and so you are confident its time to go but I donʼt!"

"You may not remember now, but you will, in heaven. Because we can do anything there. You can see everything you did while you were alive. In fact, you can touch and eat anything you want there." Taehyung tried using her frustration as bait.

He remembers how frustrated she was when she doesnʼt feel hungry all day but wanting to eat everytime she saw people eating. He remembers seeing her admiring dresses on mannequins but couldnʼt try to wear any. He remembers clearly how she pouts when realising everytime that she was barefooted while human wears pretty shoes.

"You can wear pretty clothes, and we can play together with the others. We can make new friends and we can pray to reincarnate together."

Taehyung slid his hands along her arms to hold her hands. His finger felt their engagement ring on her finger and subconsciously caressed it. It caused her to finally noticed they are wearing identical rings.