0 3

E F F E C T S
___________

“You canʼt change my mind, Jin.” Taehyung couldnʼt hold onto the bookshelf for support and he fell on a cement floor.

He quickly looks around and noticed the grim reaper has used his power to transfer their location from inside the store to an empty room in unknown place.

“Maybe. But I am to remind you again about the after effects of your stupid plan.” Jin walked closer to Taehyung and stared down on him.

“First-”

“First Iʼll change to the evil spirit. Then if I go berserk youʼll have to slay me and I will be gone forever. Which also means, I can no longer reincarnate.” Taehyung cut him off.

Jin rolls his eyes. He was annoyed that Taehyung obviously knows that but still stubborn to risk his life.

“You forget a step, Taehyung. Once you turn into evil, the first thing youʼll do is to consume pure souls and that, may include her soul. You must remember that soul who turns into evil and soul that was eaten by evil, both cannot reincarnate in the next life. Do you still think your gamble is worth it?”

This was the first time Taehyung heard of it. He didnʼt know his lie to her about evil consuming on soul is true!

“Also, thereʼs no ifs you turn berserk or not. Evil is no angel. For sure youʼll go mad for not getting what you want.” Jin added. Through his vision, he saw Taehyungʼs heart turns black and thereʼs crack which produces fire blights. It was painful to see and it must be torturous to the bearer.

“Why do you even care if I turn evil or not?! If I turn crazy or not?! Your job is to take me away or slay me! Thereʼs no need to remind me what to do because I fucking know what to do and its my fucking choice!” Taehyung grunted even louder as the pain is getting stronger. He noticed, the angrier he got the painful he felt. Yet he canʼt help getting upset at Jin for meddling with his choice.

“You said yourself she can come with me if she is willing to! I still have time so let me go!”

Taehyung tried to move but he couldnʼt, at all. It was as if he was froze from neck below. He canʼt see what was tying his body, but he knew something is chaining him down. Jin didnʼt bring him here just because it was vacant.

Taehyung is brought here to be locked up!

“Did you only memorize that part? Of course you can take her with you, but Taehyung, everything comes with a price. She is supposed to live until her sixties. And if you took her, youʼll mess up with her life timeline. Not only in this lifetime, but also in her remaining life!”

“And thatʼs what we call: the after effects, the consequences of our decision and action. Are you willing to see her suffer in her next life? I donʼt understand what do you want by having her.” Jin sighed. Then he remembers something really quick before speaking it out loud:

“Is it because you are scared sheʼll love someone else and forget you? Is it because youʼre scared of being lonely? If yes then be happy because in this lifetime, she didnʼt marry anyone because she couldnʼt love anyone like she loves you! Just like you, she will also be alone in this world. Is that it? Is it enough for you to let her go?”

He still didnʼt answer Taehyung why he was so worked up about his case. Because he himself didnʼt know why. A grim reaper has no memories of his/her past life. But the moment he went to pick up Taehyung, he felt a connection. Like they have met before, somewhere in the past.

Which is why he wouldn't let Taehyung vanish forever. His guts say he must save him then he must save him no matter what. Even if it needs him to confront Sohee and shows her pastlife.

“Where are you going?” Taehyung panicked when Jin is showing sign to leave.

“You leave me with no choice Taehyung. Iʼll have to tell her the truth. If I canʼt convince you to go, maybe she can.”

“Donʼt you dare!”

“It is also my job to guide the lost soul back to their vessel.” with that, Jin vanished into black smoke and he has make Taehyung angrier than ever.

___________

a/n;

I donʼt think I have told you about this: Let Go has only six chapters <3

Though it is short, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it :3