0 4

T R U T H
___________

Sohee felt all her hair stands. It wasnʼt because of cold, and if she suddenly can feel the cold that would be weird and terrifying.

Sohee rubbed her eyes then yawned. She is still sleepy but the aura she felt was too mysterious to let her continue sleeping. She looks to her right then to her left. When she realised she was alone, worries grow in her.

Where is Taehyung?

Did the evil spirit attack him?

Sohee gets out from the cubicle and halts right away when a tall man wearing all black was standing right in front of her nose. She looks up and sees a pair of golden eyes were looking down at her in all seriousness.

Is he the grim reaper who supposed to guide them to afterlife?

“Han So-hee, borne in minute 36 at 9PM Year XXXX on April 4th.” he started talking. It wasnʼt a surprise if he knew her exact birth date and time because as a grim reaper, he should.

However, Sohee couldnʼt agree with the fact since she forgot.

“Death time, not sooner nor later is in Year XXXX which is in 40 years later.” he continued and this fact had her head snapped up again, meeting his stare.

“Excuse me..?” she thought she died already? Sohee clearly can do what Taehyung can do and she canʼt feel or touch what he canʼt feel or touch. If its not because of her being a dead soul, that what is she?

“You are a lost soul. Your vessel, which is your body is in coma state. I am Jin, the grim reaper, is here to help you recall your lost memories.” he offered his right hand.

Sohee stared at Jin in pure shock. She is still alive then? If she is, Taehyung will have to go alone. And if she didnʼt know about this until she leaves with Taehyung, she wonders how regrettable she will be.

Either way, she will not blame Taehyung for inviting her to go with him. He didnʼt know that she is a lost soul and it is honestly difficult to differentiate.

“Do I really need to remember my memories?” she asked, having mixed feelings about getting it back.

Would it make any difference if she remembers? Maybe she have to return to her body, but what about Taehyung?

His hopeful eyes asking her to accompany him kept on playing in the back of her mind. It makes her feel guilty for not being able to go with him.

“Yes. Then youʼll know you are not yet dead. And you will not feel so sad when you wake up.”

Sohee frowned upon him. What does he mean sheʼll be sad when she wakes up later?

“A lost soul cannot ascend to heaven because obviously, they are not dead, yet. However, they can and with conditions of: 1) they knew of the consequences to leave behind their remaining life and 2) they are to go with their own will.” Jin put up two fingers while stating the conditions.

“Your case is, you donʼt remember so you didnʼt know of how precious and important is for you to live on. You can choose not to get it back now, but you will still get them on stairway to heaven. It will be too late for you to change your mind then.” Jin sighed after that.

“It will take too long to explain everything so I suggest you hold my hand and see for yourself.” Jin gestured his hand for her to take. He been knew she will hesitate which is why he used his power.

When her eyes locked with him, he scanned her iris and put her under his spell. Her right hand which was resting at her side slowly rose up in robot motion to meet his hand. Jin clasped his hand around her and passed down her memories.