sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

muffled gun shots and shouts made their way into hoseoks room. jeongguk was round, hoseok having to babysit the younger whilst seokjin and namjoon had a special meeting he wasn't telling anyone about.

but hoseok was slumped against the wall adjacent to his bed, hands trembling as they reached his lips, tainted with the taste of yoongi. god. the taste of min yoongi. it wasn't sweet, it was minty, each plump muscle filling hoseoks taste buds with the rare flavour that only min yoongi had.

he was dying to taste it again.

did he go back to jimin? laying his lips on his boyfriends, their muscles moving alongside each other. did his taste mingle in with theirs, jimin not knowing that his boyfriend had previously kissed the younger, commuting a sin that would only land him straight into the devils lair.

or did jimin pull back, questioning the taste of fruits emitting from his lovers mouth, tears brimming his eyes as yoongi tried to explain that he ate melons, blueberries and strawberries before coming back to him. did jimin storm out, hands clasping over his mouth or did he believe him, licking his lips again with him?

hoseok was soon interrupted by the door opening, his thoughts stopping as he glanced up, jeongguks doe eyes peering back at him, a bunny smile adorning his features. he looked young and innocent but his hair was beginning to grow longer, now reaching his ear lobes making him seem more tainted than he was.

"hyung?" he stepped into the room, two controllers in his hand. "i love playing video games but i think i'd love it more if you played with me." jeongguk had a hopeful smile staining his lips as hoseok nodded slowly, hand reaching out to take the controller.

the pair moved back into the living room, jeongguk turning the console back on, loading up his game before turning to his hyung.

"hyungie can i ask you something?"

hoseok nodded slightly, glancing at jeongguk. he was looking down, bottom lip tucked carefully between his teeth.

"if you were to catch a partner being unfaithful, would you tell them?"

the older fully turned to jeongguk, raising his eyebrows. "is jin hyung cheating? namjoon hyung? i'll kill both of them with my bare hands if i have too. squeeze their necks tightly-"

"woah! woah! okay." jeongguk chuckles a little as hoseok stops squeezing his hands together as though the boys necks were really filling up his palms. he shook his head. "it's nothing to do with me really. it's just someone i caught. well, they don't know i caught them. i just happened to see them."

hoseok felt his body go numb for a moment. had he caught him and yoongi last night? doubtful but possible. "w-who is it?" he stuttered out, cursing himself for it. he couldn't make himself seem innocent. but he didn't look guilty either.

"i can't say. not until i've confronted them. well, if you think i should?"

hoseok licked his lips. he was now the worst one to come to for advice as he'd already made someone be unfaithful to their partner. "well. maybe i would speak to the one you caught cheating before going in all guns blazing. you could've mistaken it or maybe something's happening between the couple like a break up or something like that."

jeongguk nodded, turning his head back to the tv, the game now paused as the pair conversed on an intimate subject. "you're right. i'm sure what i saw was cheating. but i could've misinterpreted it or even made a mistake." he smiled a little. "you're very wise."

the older chuckled, ruffling jeongguks hair. "and so are you ggukie. you've just got to realise your potential."

"is this about jinnie and joonie again?" he mumbled. the younger had recently let out all his worries and insecurities to the older, mainly about how he felt like he was intruding on the others relationship and that they would be better without him.

"not exactly. but it still comes into it. jin hyung wouldn't give you up for the world. he loves you. and so does namjoon hyung. you've just got to stop being so insecure." hoseok smiled as the younger began to cuddle into his side. jeongguk was like a little brother to him, anyone could see that. "i know it's hard. but you've got to fight for what you want. and fight to keep it. although i don't think you ever need to fight to keep this relationship going."

hoseok sighed, looking at the now sleeping boy, his head been swarmed with guilt as he bit his lip, trying to fight back thoughts that escaped him ages ago. he couldn't go back there, not whilst da-won is here. but something made him not want to hold back. he had to leave yoongi. he knew he did. what they did wasn't right. hoseok began to cope in a similar way to before. but not exactly.

hoseok stopped eating.