seventeen

it had been two months.

two months since hoseok had last seen yoongi, two months since he'd last spoken to taehyung and two months since he'd last comforted jeongguk.

he sighed, dropping his book on the counter, tired eyes drifting over the store. he didn't want to do this anymore. this store, having to sell forbidden items to people who had sick fetishes, sitting alone on a stool bathing in his own sadness.

hoseoks eyes met seokjins, as his older brother placed the last box on the shelf. he smiled at hoseok, moving over to the counter, hands splayed on the wooden material as he looked at him worryingly.

"what's wrong hm?" seokjin reached over, his fingers dragging through hoseoks blonde locks that were fading, the top brown and the tips blonde. seokjin looked at hoseok, eyes scanning his body as his eyebrows furrowed a little. thin.

"i don't think i want to do this anymore jinnie." he nibbles his bottom lip, eyes looking down at the suddenly interesting floor.

"do what?" seokjin tilted his head slightly, observing his brothers low mood. "hoseok-ah, what's going on?"

hoseok sighed. "i want to sell the shop. for good." he started off, meeting seokjins eyes. "and i want to go back home."

"home?"

the younger nodded, a small smile on his face. "yes. home. back to gwangju."

seokjin swallowed harshly. nodding a little before pulling away from his brother. he sighed, staring at the floor. "to go and live with your eomma?"

hoseok looked away, shaking his head. he licked his lips, hands shaking slightly. "eomma isn't here anymore." he mumbled quietly. seokjin didn't know what that meant but before he could ask him, the small bell dingled, announcing a customer.

the pair looked up, eyes scanning over a man they've never seen before. he smiled at the pair, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck with a veiny hand, looking around the shop.

"hey, i was told dawon would be here?" he spoke quickly, clearly uncomfortable with the current store he'd been sent to.

hoseok shook his head. "she's not here. why are you looking for her?"

the mans eyes snapped to hoseok, the youngers innocent eyes big and wide as he waited for the mans answer. his eyes scanned the tanned boy, hovering over his legs a little longer than accepted before coming back to reality from his hideous thoughts.

"i'm here fiancé. i'm sure she's told me about you?" he smiled extra wide just for hoseok. "naphat. that's my name."

but hoseok was upset by this mans arrival. dawon had been waiting for him for two months now and he just tuned up out of the blue at hoseoks work place demanding to see his sister. he looked a seokjin who was smiling, holding his hand out to greet the boy.

"i'm seokjin. her older brother. this is hoseok her younger brother." seokjin gestured over to the younger who simply smiled before turning away, deciding to close the shop early. he just wanted to go home and sleep.

"ah, the infamous brothers. she spoke a lot about you seokjin." he had a sickly smile, one that made hoseok sick to his stomach. he saw bad intentions behind those gleaming white teeth but his sister supposedly loved him.

"ah! just call me jin. i'll take you to her. she's been staying with me for a while now." he patted naphats back, guiding him along, throwing hoseok a smile and wave, leaving the shop cold and empty.

hoseok slumped against the wall, sitting on the floor. he felt tears prick his eyes as he nibbled his bottom lip. the two months that had passed seemed to be the worst. bogum made a move on the younger, kissing him in front of everyone. hoseok cried that night, wishing that bogum would leave him alone. he did eventually, demanding that hoseok gave him one last kiss before he departed.

seokjin and namjoon has been busy preparing for something big, something that would affect everyone. yet no one knew what. poor jeongguk had been coming to hoseok more often than not, relishing in the advice he passed onto the younger before spendingthe night in his apartment, huddled up next to his hyung. hoseok didn't care; he enjoyed jeongguk visiting him but he was starting to become concerned that his own brother was planning something horrible towards the younger.

and lastly yoongi hadn't even contacted him after the kiss. he hadn't even come to the shop, visited him, come over when jimin came over. it's like he just kissed the boy and then disappeared off the planet. he hadn't even figured out of jeongguk did see the pair kissing in the car that day. and taehyung seemed to have gone missing with him. he hadn't heard a peep out of the boy and was concerned that he was also planning something horrible.

with a large sigh and his hand harshly wiping his tears, hoseok locked up, dragging his tired body back to his apartment, his eyebrows furrowing at a figure slumped against the door seemingly asleep. he approached the man, taking in his slightly messy appearance,touching his shoulder gently, the man jumping awake, a sly grin appearing on his face as he turned to hoseok.

"hey, do you mind letting me come in?"