twenty one

ˢˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʳⁱᵍᵍᵉʳ ʷᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ

hoseok brought his knees up to his chest, water pounding onto his already soaked clothes, the bathtub slowly filling as he stared into space.

the crimson water become clearer as time passed by, the plug flushing away any evidence of hoseoks return to hell and pushing it down where no one would ever find it.

he closed his eyes, leaning back...

ᶠⁱᵛᵉ ᵈᵃʸˢ ᵉᵃʳˡⁱᵉʳ

"hey."

hoseok jumped a little, turning to face taehyung, forgetting he was staying for a moment. he smiled at him, turning his attention back to his suitcase that was quickly filling up with clothes.

"i'm heading back now. i need to pack a bag for joonie hyungs trip."

hoseok nodded slowly, folding the clothes he held in his hands before placing them gently into the case. seokjin had rang him a few moments ago announcing a trip to his summer home before hoseok went back to his home town for a few weeks. little did hoseok know, seokjin planned to convince him not to go.

"is this your eomma?"

taehyung held a polaroid between his pointer and middle finger, the picture dangling dangerously as though it was going to fall to the floor any minute, despite the strong hold his two fingers had on it.

"oh." hoseok made his way over, taking the picture from his clutch. it was certainly his eomma, her smile wide as she stood, arms wide open, bundled up in warm clothing, snow falling all around her. "this was the last time we spent any time together. she took me to this ski lodge. yet neither of us could ski." he chuckled a little. "i ended up breaking my arm. that was the day i came in and you wouldn't let me go until you signed the cast."

taehyung nodded. "and then the principal came because he thought i was harassing you. in the end we had to let him sign it too to get me off the hook."

the pair laughed at the memory, hoseoks smile slowly fading as he placed the picture down, a lump in his throat as bittersweet tears threatened to escape. taehyung noticed the mood change, instantly stepping forward but the other held up his hand, stopping him in his tracks.

"i think you should go. we're leaving soon. you need to pack." he spoke quietly and coldly, moving back towards his suitcase, proceeding to fold up more clothes and place them in the case.

as he heard the door slam, a breath escaped his lips he didn't realise he was holding. hoseok was pushing everyone away. even he knew that. he didn't want to go on this stupid trip seokjin had planned but he felt obligated to since he's the younger brother and if he didn't attend it would look strange.

he thought back to yoongi, their time spent together a couple of days ago. not even that could bring a proper smile to his lip. he couldn't even have the boy so what was the point of waiting around for him.

his fingers felt around for his phone before he punched in some numbers, the ringing tone sounding through the speaker. after a couple more rings a gruff male voice spoke through, hoseok sighing as he spoke back, immediately regretting the words slipping from his lips, but he had to get over yoongi.

"hey, bogum. do you happen to be free for the next two weeks?"