A sister's love

The rest of the day went by like a comet. After leaving her room, Gaz didn't say a word about Zim, but each time he passed by she followed him with her eyes, as if she could kill him with a look.

Clem seemed extremely uncomfortable with Zim's presence, probably because he was created by him to replace Professor Membrane.

Meanwhile, Dib was still trying to decide if they should give him a chance, but how could he suddenly become friends with someone he hated? It was complicated.

At the moment, Clem and Foodio were in the kitchen preparing dinner (the robot was teaching him how to do something other than pudding), while Dib, Gaz, and Zim were waiting at the table in an awkward silence.

Gaz had lowered her video game and was staring incessantly at Zim. The alien didn't seem to care, on the contrary, he just smiled inocently and waved at her.

Suddenly, she stood up and pulled Dib by his overcoat, dragging him into the living room. Once there, she simply let go, causing him to bang his head on the floor.

"Ow!" He protested sitting and rubbing his head with his hand. "Did you really need to do this?"

"Why is he still here?" Gaz questioned, completely ignoring her brother's question.

Not knowing how to respond, Dib looked away and fell silent.

"Dib” she called, approaching him "Why is he still here?"

"Well… He said he changed…" he stuttered.

Gaz raised an eyebrow.

"And you believe him?"

"No! I mean, yes! I mean…"

"Do you, the guy who spent years trying to expose Zim, who saw Earth be almost destroyed by him, who hates him with all your might, really believes he can change?"

Dib sighed.

"Look, Gaz, I know he's evil, but... People can change, right?"

"And you won't even try to send him to a lab for study or something?"

He haven't thought about that. He had a unique chance to do what he planned since he laid eyes on the alien. But if no one believed that the Florpus incident was real, why would they believe him? It was not worth it. Besides, if Zim was willing to change, doing that would be completely cruel, and Dib didn't want to be the villain of the story.

"No one would believe me" he murmured.

Then Gaz grabbed him by the collar and lifted him off the floor with her fist raised.

"Who are you and what did you do to my brother?"

"Wait! I know I know it sounds crazy, but… I really think he can change. He seems to be willing to redeem himself, and besides, while he's in our house, we can keep an eye on him."

Gaz clenched her fist and Dib closed his eyes, preparing himself for the upcoming beating. But instead, she just placed him back on the ground, gently.

"Okay" She said finally.

He opened his eyes and looked at his sister in surprise.

"'Okay'? You're not gonna insult me, punch me or something?"

"What are you? A masochist? I may not like him or believe this bullcrap, but you're right. If he does something stupid, we can stop him. But if he touches my stuff, I'll beat up you both."

The boy smiled.

"Thanks, Gaz."

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go back, I'm starving."

-

Zim refused to eat the Membrane's disgusting human food, so he gave it to Gir when they weren't looking. He didn't need to eat anyway, since the PAK on his back provided everything he needed to live.

After everyone went to sleep, Zim went back to the guest room followed by Gir and locked the door.

He pushed the nightstand aside, revealing a circular hole in the floor. Zim then went down the hole, falling directly onto the floating platform that would take him to his underground base. Earlier that day, he had used a drill to create a tunnel connecting Dib's home to the base, so he wouldn't be suspicious.

As soon as he arrived, Zim stepped off the platform and walked to the center of the base.

"Computer, we have a lot to do."