chapter 3

*~*recap*~*
I looked into her eyes.
They are pitch black
*~*recap over~*~
*devin's pov*

I stared into the walkers black eyes. She slowly stumbled up to me and I froze. It's been months since I've seen one. Can I even shoot it in the head? A loud bang came from behind me and I jumped. The walker before me fell to the ground.

"Devin are you ok?" I felt someone's hand touch my shoulder, breaking me out of my deep trance.

"Huh? Oh yea i just... sorry" i sighed, looking at carl and Rick.

"It's ok. It happens too the best of us" Rick reassured. "Let's get going" he said. I nodded but took one last look at the dead walkers face. It was in a pain filled trance. Something wasn't right. My stomach twisted and tingled. I shook my head and followed carl into the car. I chewed on my lip and stared out the window the whole way back. Am I imagining this? Why did she look so scared? I don't understand any of this. I shook my head. I'll have to speak to dean and sam about this.

"Devin were back" Carl whispered. I shook my worried thoughts away and looked over at him. He gave me a small smile which I returned, before getting  out of the old car.

"Devin" i heard someone shout. I looked over to see my dad and sam.

"Hey" i smiled at them. Carl stood by my side as they walked up.

"How was your run?" Sam asked. I bit my lip and shrugged.

"Are you ok?" Dean asked.

"She froze with a walker. She's fine" Rick said. Sam eyed me suspiciously but i gave him a look. He nodded.

"Yea I'm fine. Let's go drop in our stuff yea?" I asked. They nodded. Rick went to help the grab supplies from the impala and carl walked me in.

"Are you sure your ok?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yea I just thought I saw something. But it's fine. Thank you" i smiled at him. He smiled back as we entered the cold cell block. I ran up the stairs giving a few smiles and waves, but made my way to beths cell. She sat there with a small book on her lap.

"They didn't have any stuff, so I got you these" I said handing her the socks. She raised an eyebrow.  "You do what you need to" i laughed, putting my hands up. She rolled her eyes with a small laugh as she put the socks in a small compartment under the mattress. She thanked me and I walked back down stairs, my boots slightly clicking. People were helping  set the  boards up against the wall. Veiwing what we got i guess. The room was filled with sunlight, but as I looked out a bar window i noticed the sky slowly filling with dark clouds. I cocked my head a bit but shrugged.  Daryl walked over to me.

"i heard about your freezing. That's not a winchester thing. Wanna tell me what happened? " he whispered. I bit my lip and eyed him carefully. He pulled the front part of his shirt down, showing me an anti possession tattoo. I nodded.

"You, sam and dean. We will talk about it later" i whispered back. He nodded, seeming to understand.

~¤~¤ one hour later¤~¤~

I told my dad, uncle and Daryl to come outside around now, by the guard tower. I shifted nervously. What if the don't belive me? Wouldn't be the first time. I heard some feet shuffle and I turned around to see all 3 men walking to me.

"Devin, what's this about?" My dad asked. I took a deep breath in.

"You know how all the demons just, dissapeared when these walkers came?" I asked. They looked st each other slightly but nodded. "I think i know what happened" i gulped.

"What do you think?" Sam asked.

"i think there getting stuck. In the walkers" i said.

"in the walkers?" Daryl asked, not sounding convinced at all.

"Today. We found a walker. Her eyes were... pitch black." I struggled to say, not wanting to seem dumb.

"Possessed walkers" my dad said. I nodded.

"Let's say that's how it works. How did they get stuck?" Daryl asked.

"I have no clue." I admitted, slightly shaking my head.

"Let's keep a look out" Sam sighed.

"Oh one more thing" i said, stopping them from turning around.

"Yea?" Dean asked.

"She was scared. It. It was scared" i repeated.

"Scared? What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"it looked frighten.  Her face. Like, it was in pain of some sort" i sighed.

"Seems possible. Compared to everything else in the world" Sam agreed with me.

"That's ridiculous, walkers can't feel. And demons can't be stuck in a body" my dad said. Daryl nodded in agreement.

"How would you know?" I asked.

"I just do. I was taught this stuff." He responded.

"By bobby. Who would of listened to me" i said in a raised voice. His eyes narrow.

"You do not speak of him, you hear me!" He shouted before turning around and storming off. I felt that one thing in my body, that sometimes I just can't handle. Regret. Regret for telling him about the walker to began with.