Ch 8

**For reference - '" means you're reading a memory flashback**

Natsu pov

Within an instant, it was a clash of fists, weapons, and magic. As Lucy commanded all the men that stood behind her, ran past me towards everyone else in the guild behind me. The only one to give me any sort of attention aside from Lucy staring me down is that Raiden guy. He slowed down when passing me to smirk at me. Bastard is gonna get it, I swear. I look back to Lucy. She now has to daggers out in her hands at her sides and is smiling. "I'm not going to fight you." I calmly tell her. "That's fine. Makes my job so much easier, but not as fun. Unless you want to die, You should fight back." She comes at me with such speed I almost couldn't see her. I bring my arms up to block me and hit her forearms blocking her attack. "Good reaction time. This is going to be fun." She pushes off me and flips in the air to land on her feet. She comes at me again and swings her daggers at me. Left, right, up, down, left again and I'm able to dodge them but just barley. She suddenly drops down and swings her foot at my feet knocking me off my feet. In the same moment I'm falling to the ground she roundhouse kicks me ten feet behind me. This rattles me a bit but I stand back up just in time to block her swing only for her to come around with her right hand with her blade and she slices my cheek. Blood trickles down. She jumps back to see what she's done. "Red's really not a bad color on you. I wonder how much better you'd look completely bathed in it." She snickers at me. I wipe the blood from my face. "Alright Lucy, you wanna fight for real. Fine. Just remember, I didn't want this, I still don't. But you're not giving me much choice." I light my fists and come at her. 

Lucy's pov

He comes at me fists ablaze. That's it. Give me a decent fight. It'll be all the more satisfying when I end you. He throws a fist of flame at me but I'm able to sidestep away and swing around with my daggers. But he swings his other hand around knocking my dagger away from me. I roll and jump back out of his reach. I watch him throw a fire ball at my dagger and see it completely melt away. Damn. "One dagger? That's fine. I like a challenge." I run at him and swing with my fist, the look on his face just before I made contact was of pure surprise. Yea, didn't realize how fast I could move, did ya? I send him flying. "Is this really all you have to show me? The great salamander? Come on." He stands up to face me. He runs at me and prepares to swing at me but fakes me out. I feel his fist land on my stomach. Forcing me to lean forward and clutch my stomach before kicking me backwards. I hit the dirt hard with my head. "You said you wanted to join the Fairy Tail guild didn't ya? So let's go!" I stand up slowly and have my head in my hand. What.. was that? I shake my head and get back in my battle stance. Bracing myself for his next attack. He's ablaze again and shouts "Fire Dragon's fist!!" I cross my arms over my head and stop the blow. He brings his other hand up and hits me in the ribs knocking me to the ground again to the side. '"I heard him in the distance.... I know he's here!... NATSUUUU!!" "LUUCYYY!"' My head is pounding. What the hell!! I stand up right once more.. I drop my dagger and clutch at my head. It feels like it's on fire trying to split open. "FIRE DRAGONS ROOOAAR!" I need to end this now. I extend my hand in his attacks direction and use my energy as a shield and block his attack. This surprises him, bringing him out of battle mode for a moment, "Lucy?" 

This pain is becoming unbearable. I should have been honest when Soren asked me if there were any side effects. '"Don't worry about me. Just keep running and don't look back!" "No way. I refuse to run away. I won't do it. I'd rather stay here with you. I can't think of anything that would make me happier." Are these memories? I don't understand.. these can't be memories. '"I believe in you. And I always have. From the moment I joined the guild." "Thanks! That means a lot to me." "You were amazing. You proved that seven year gap means nothing. We still got a fighting chance. Zero points? Sounds great to me. This is our chance to make an epic come back." "Yea. I'm fired up now." "I aint lettin anybody steal Lucy's future. Not while I'm alive! I will I promise." "How can you just up and leave me alone for an entire freakin year? How dumb are you Natsu? Can't you see? Did you even think about what this would do to me?"' What is all this? I look up at salamander. He looks concerned about me. Why? We're enemies. I'm trying to kill him for crying out loud! "AAAHHHHH" I shout as the pain intensifies. '"I, uh, wanted to talk to you about something.. I need to get something off my chest before I lose my nerve to say it.. but it can wait till you get back'" "My head!!" I feel myself losing my strength in my legs. I'm falling down. "HANG ON LUCY!" Why does he care so much? Nothing is making any sense.