Chapter 16

Y/n L/n's POV

Saturday. One of the only two days I look forward to every week. A day where I can laze around as much as I want and get away with it. No predecessor pulling me out of bed, and no scary mentor yelling in my ear so I'd run faster.

A day of pure bliss and naps. Although I said I plan on visiting them every chance I get, it doesn't have to be now. There's still tomorrow, so for today, I'll glue myself onto my beloved mattress and wake up when I get hungry. Truly a brilliant plan.

"Oi, you've got mail"

I automatically groaned into my pillows when something landed on my head. I was just about to sleep, too...

Sighing, I turned around and reached out for the envelope Tzuyu gave me. The said girl had just returned from the mail room and was now flipping through her own set of envelopes.

I pushed myself into a sitting position before examining the mail I had gotten. "From Taeyeon?" I mumbled after seeing who it was from.

Pulling the letter out, I read the contents while attempting to fix my messy hair. Since it's Taeyeon, I couldn't afford to save this for later.

As I got closer to the last sentence, my face slowly scrunched up. My deep sigh had Tzuyu sending me weird looks, but I didn't bother making eye contact with her.

And here I thought I could spend the day asleep, what a let down...

I forced myself out of bed and went to grab a clean set of clothes. I also grabbed a towel and headed straight for the bathroom, swaying here and there groggily.

"I thought you planned on sleeping until tomorrow?" Tzuyu asked while having one brow raised out of curiosity.

"I don't remember telling you that though?" I looked at her, a hand already on the knob of the bathroom door.

"It was obvious. Plus, I thought of doing the same thing," After tossing her letters aside, she tucked herself in and hugged her croissant plushie. "It's been a tiring first week, after all"

"Well, change of plans" I twisted the doorknob and went in. "I'm going to a festival"

-

My lips parted to let an impressed gasp slip as I made my way through the busy town. With the festival going on, the ambience was merrier than it's ever been before.

Decorative flags were hung overhead, different varieties of stalls dominated the streets, and the aroma of grilled meat lingered in the air.

Everyone wore a smile, even the faces I hadn't seen in this town before were clearly delighted by what was going on. Musicians were all over the place, playing cheery melodies that could be heard at every corner you turn to.

To make things even better, a baby dragon flew past me and coughed out a tiny flame before heading back to the street performer it belonged to.

I grinned, loving everything I laid eyes on. Maybe visiting on a Saturday wasn't such a bad idea, after all.

"Look who's having fun without us"