The process of Fright Fest

It was about 2 weeks into fright fest when it dawned on me that I had wanted to be a scare actor. I was the correct age, and with previous experience in the acting world, I decided to apply. It was a very long process I'm not going to lie. Between working papers, my school and my doctors it was a mess and a half. But thankfully it's all over now. Simple questions were asked, some mandatory for the job.

Now, the application is simple (ish), what it really comes down to was the audition. I had watched videos to give myself a general idea on what they were looking for. A tip of advice I've seen from many actors "nothing is too weird, let it all out." Well my audition had become quite fun at this point.

I was a tad nervous however I already knew I was going to get the job, one because I'm loud, two because I get into peoples faces and know how to interact with them, and three, well because I was actually over prepared between knowing what I was going to do, and how I was going to do it. You don't even wish to know about what when I'm at home or at school.

I was asked to do 3 things: a "creepy" walk, a scream, and I believe I did a laugh of sorts (which is more demonic than clown I'll admit).

A week or so later I had done the training and was then ready to start working. However, I didn't know what my costume was, nor where I was to be placed. How fun. The only way I knew was by looking at my schedule, it read: Clowns. Now if you knew me while I was going through this stage, I was happy with anything but clowns. I didn't think I would fit it. And what did I get? CarnEvil clowns. Just my luck...