8. Nydirah's First Curse Word

Nydirah stood next to Aiyden, trying to determine the meaning of an eighteenth century sculpture that depicted a serpent escaping a woman's lady part

Nydirah stood next to Aiyden, trying to determine the meaning of an eighteenth century sculpture that depicted a serpent escaping a woman's lady part. They made a game out of finding pieces of art that were untitled and had little to no description so that they could decipher the underlying message. So far, Nydirah was winning because Aiyden couldn't stop laughing at her guesses to make up his own.

She turned to face him. He made simple look sexy in his New York Yankees jersey, light wash denim jeans, and white Air Force One's. Nydirah could tell he wasn't big on brands like Sevin was and she didn't mind that at all. Aiyden could wear a plastic bag and still look good to her.

"Maybe she burns everyone she meets," Nydirah suggested.

"If you're talking about the way I'm thinking, then you might be right," Aiyden chuckled. "She's beautiful, but her beauty could be used to suck men in. Then boom, you have herpes."

Nydirah tried to hold in her giggles. Maybe she was used to dense men who could barely hold a conversation without mentioning sex, but he was showing out with how articulate he was being. It wasn't everyday that she went out with men as attractive and intelligent as Aiyden, which caused her to have suspicions. Nydirah knew she deserved someone on her caliber, but in this day and age, you could never be too sure of a person's true colors until they decided to show you them.

Aiyden raised his wrist up to check the time. He was disappointed to see that they would have to leave now. "Aw man, looks like we're out of time. I had a lot of fun though."

"Me too, we should do something again soon," Nydirah said in a hopeful tone.

"Yes, just have Destinee call to schedule something he again," he joked. "Is it bad I actually didn't mind that? It was different but hilarious."

She felt her cheeks get warm out of embarrassment. "Destinee is crazy, I can't believe I let her talk me into that."

Aiyden's smile diminished when his phone started blaring loudly. He excused himself as he took the call, giving Nydirah to swoon over how well things went. Everytime she spoke, he listened and didn't talk over her once. He looked like he wanted to slap her wallet out of her hand when she offered to pay for the quick breakfast at the cafe. Aiyden then explained to Nydirah that anytime she was out with him, the bill was his responsibility. Nydirah, so used to being independent, thought this was a foreign concept.

Not once did he reach for his phone while they were spending time together until now, which she didn't mind. Aiyden never really went into depth about what he did for a living besides the fact he was a philanthropist. It was refreshing to know he liked helping others out and because of this, Nydirah didn't mind he was busy a lot.

Aiyden walked back over to Nydirah, a conflicted look written all over his features. "Something came up and I have to go right now. Is there anyway you can catch the bus or walk to your job? It's ten minutes away."