15. Family Ties

"Sevin, wake up

"Sevin, wake up."

Sevin's eyes fluttered open and back shut. With the night he had, whoever was coaxing him to abandon his sleep would just have to wait until later. Plus, he didn't want to let go of Nydirah just yet. They both looked peaceful with Sevin's arms wrapped around Nydirah's waist and her body pressed tightly against his. Basking in each other's warmth was like a quick escape from reality.

His sweet side rarely came out because he spent a great deal of time hiding his true emotions from everyone else to see. He feared being viewed as weak because people who let their guard down were bound to get hurt and they didn't last that long coming from the place Sevin came from. His need to protect Nydirah's innocence made her an exception though. There were things in this world that she needed to be shielded from and he felt like he was failing her already.

"Aye nigga, Nai outside and she coming in hot."

He didn't waste any time hopping out of the bed to go prevent Nai from stepping any further. Orion just stood aside watching eagerly because Sevin and Orion both knew Nai would cause a scene if she saw Nydirah. Sevin wanted to prolong their meeting for as long as he could because he already had a lot to deal with on his plate and a cat fight would've just made things worse.

"What you want?" Sevin immediately asked when he laid his eyes on Nai who was cradling Miracle in her arms. He was actually excited to see his child, but he could already tell by the slightly annoyed look on Nai's face he was going to catch hell from her.

Just like Sevin expected, she was wearing a black, skin tight outfit that accentuated her thick frame. Her gray hair against her light skin was refreshing to look at in a way. One thing about about her was she wasn't afraid to show off her body and the old Sevin would've fallen for it, but he was surprisingly unimpressed by Nai. She was attractive, no doubt, but he no longer drooled over like he used to.

"You just goin' ask what I want when I got your child in my hands? The fuck is wrong with you?" she asked, the scowl growing on her face

Oh boy, he thought to himself, it was already beginning. She had the power to make an issue out of anything that was seen as minor by Sevin. He was nonchalant for the most part when it came to arguments with Nai so that angered her even more. She wanted to see him riled up and she could only get an "okay" out of him.