~Prologue~

~Flashback~

I heard the shattering of glass. More screaming ensued. There was never a break between their arguments. The only time they stopped was when one of them wasn't home. Covering my ears, I tried to block out the sounds of their fight. I tried to block it all out. The blaming, the insults, words no twelve year old girl should hear.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I continued to listen to their onslaught. I couldn't remember the last time they had a decent conversation. Family dinners no longer happened. I was told to eat lunch at school and made my own cereal for breakfast. No one cared. No one took care of me anymore. My 'parents' were too caught up in their own problems with each other to care about their only daughter.

"We're getting a divorce!" That one sentence rang loudly in my ears. I couldn't breathe. They truly didn't love each other anymore, if they ever did. My sobs slowly became louder. I had to make a choice. Stay with mom, or go with dad. Out of the two, dad had done the least amount of yelling. From what I knew, dad had screwed up and mom was mad. That's it, I'll stay with mom...

~Flashback end~

Five years later, I was living with my alcoholic mother. That day had changed my life forever. Before that, I had always dreamed of having the relationship my parents had shared. Now, I refused love. I made a promise that day, to never fall in love. Because true love doesn't exist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What'd y'all think of the prologue for Nonexistent. This story will be updated every other week. Scars & Fears will continue updating weekly unless I decide otherwise. Have a great week!