~Chapter Seven~

Hey! Shorter chapter this time, but the next will be longer! Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my encounter with Hunter, I got into the front seat of Harper's car

After my encounter with Hunter, I got into the front seat of Harper's car. As soon as I shut my door, she bombarded me with questions. The only one I really heard was, "Why were you with the Hunter Brooks?"

"Uhhhhh, I don't know?" Harper groaned and slammed her head against the headrest. "How?" She demanded. Rolling my eyes at her neediness, I readied my explanation.

"We met in the hallway as I was heading out. Then we walked to the parking lot together. That's it."

"O-kay. I'll believe you, for now. Want me to come over?" I sighed in relief that she was done with her interrogation. Sadly, I shook my head. "Mom's home, I don't think she'll want anyone over right now. Not with the anniversary coming up." Yup, it had been almost five whole years since my father had left my mother and I.

The rest of the drive was quiet, neither of us wanting to break the peaceful silence that surrounded us. As we pulled into my long driveway, I breathed in deeply. Mentally, I was preparing myself for my mother's loss of what sanity she had left. Harper slowed to a stop and I steeled myself before stepping out onto the concrete.

I managed to give my best friend - correction, my only friend - a tight smile before walking up to the front door. Reaching under one of the porch benches, I found our extra house key. I always preferred to use the spare rather than my own just to save more time.

Unlocking the door, I stepped into utter chaos. My first thought? Welcome to my world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed!