Engaged

Alex's POV

I opened my eyes and I was almost blinded by the light in my room. Wait this is not my room. I tried to sit but my back is in so much pain.

"Alex you have to rest," I heard a strange woman's voice.
I turned and so a young woman of about twenty sitting beside my bed. I swear I have seen her somewhere. "Who are you and what am I doing in hospital?" I asked the woman.
"Am Katelyn Scott and you were in an accident, so please rest as I call the nurses." She said and walked away.

A nurse came in dressed in blue followed by my mom." Alex,,,,I thought I will lose you my baby boy," my moms blue eyes were puffy and she had bags in her eyes.

"Mom, don't worry about me I will be fine. We will get through this." I tried to console her. The lady whom I learned earlier was Katelyn Scott the famous model.

Her father was the second richest guy after Darius Brown. Both of them were my role models that's why I knew almost everything about them.

The nurse who said I will be discharged from the hospital the following day.

The whole time my mom never looked me in the eyes and she seemed nervous." Mom what's wrong?" I asked but she just shrugged and said nothing.

I knew she was hiding something from me." Mom I have known you since I was young and trust me when I say I know something is bothering you."

She gave me her sweet smile that never reached her ears. My mom barely smiles a real smile and I know deep down she is always sad. One day I will be able to give her the happiness she deserves.

The next day I was discharged from the hospital. Throughout the drive to our small apartment, I had a gut feeling something was wrong.

Finally we are home."Alexander we need to talk," whenever my mom called my full name,I knew it was a serious matter and I had to obey whatever she says.

"Alex just know that whatever I'm doing is for your happiness and future. I want you to have what I never had. You happy face is the last image that I want to see when the sun goes down on me.

I want you to see my grandchild and hold him or her before my last breath," wherever this speech is heading is not good." I know one day you will find your father," I wanted to say something but she cut me off," let me finish before you speak. I have tried to trace him since I learn that I was pregnant but the only thing that I know is that his first name starts with a D and his last name is Brown. I'm sure you look like him since you don't resemble anyone in my family except your blue eyes that you inherited from me. Am saying this because I have less than two years to live. Alex two weeks ago I was diagnosed with stomach cancer and I know we don't have money for treatment.

That's why I made my decision and I know it's selfish but for your own good Alex. I want you to do me a favour, " my eyes were filled with tears. I couldn't believe what my mom said but it was not time for question. I decided that I will do anything to save my mom even if it means selling my soul to the devil. "I will do anything for you mom." I said trying to console her.

She smiled and continued, " thank you, am going to give you shocking news but if you will not accept I will understand. Someone has offered to clear our debts and offered to pay your remaining college fee if you do for them one favour in return." I knew this was not good since we had a dept of over two million dollars. But I will sacrifice anything for my mom.

" Mr Scott wants you to marry her daughter Katelyn Scott in two weeks time, but if you don't want I understand." My mom was looking anywhere but me. I could see the sadness in her eyes even though she tried to put her strong face. That's when I knew my decision, she has sacrificed a lot to raise me and I had to return the favour.

" Mom,,, I know this may be the worst decision that I will make in my life but I love you so much. This is my last year in college and by next year I will be working. I will do anything to save your life mom. I can't imagine life without you. I'm going to marry her because I love you mom." She was crying the whole time and I wasn't any better. I new I will never marry the girl of my choice and I might never be happy again.

My mom called Mr Scott and told him my decision. That same night I got engaged to Katelyn Scott. And that's when I realized I have put myself in the devil's hand. I signed a contract to never break the engagement and marriage. I was also forced to work as Mr Scott's male model.